“Great new hotel in Dodge City”

TownePlace Suites Dodge City
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Dodge City
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel just 1 week after they opened. Was obviously clean and everything was new. Very nice hotel staff from check in to when I left. Nice working space in the room, comfy bed, good size bathroom.

The only downside is the rate I paid. I paid $139 before taxes, and my total after was around $165. I feel this hotel should be priced similar to the other nice hotel in town, around $119 per night.

Other than the price, I enjoyed everything about this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank burrisbs
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Dodge City

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The night I stayed at the hotel was the first night it opened. I wasn't able to access the wireless and when asked for help, was told it was working for everyone else and that was that.

The sheets were scratchy and bed not that comfortable. A lot of light came in from under the door so it wasn't as dark as I expect hotel rooms to be.

When checking in, I asked for the total and the woman at the front desk couldn't tell me. She explained that Marriott is now on a paperless system so I would find out in the morning. This was bothersome to me, as I like to know what I'm being charged in advance, and I find it hard to believe that the computer couldn't tell her the anticipated total. At the least, they should know what the tax is and be able to do the math.

Ended up paying $190, which was really expensive for this city and hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Rebecca G
Craig B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dodge City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Hello Rebecca! Let me first say Thank You for being the very first guest to write a review on our Brand New Hotel! This hotel has been years in the making and it is an honor to open the very first Marriott Hotel in Dodge City, KS! Feedback like yours will help us to continue to grow and train our staff on a continuous basis. Secondly, it appears that we did not deliver the highest of standards that all Marriott guests are accustom to when you stayed with us on our very first night of business. I have shared your comments with my entire staff (Housekeeping, Front Desk & IT Dept.) and I can ensure you that the proper steps of action and training are currently taking place to correct all of the issues you mentioned in your review. Should you return to Dodge City, I would ask that you contact me personally to set-up your reservation and allow me to show you the improvements we have made. Once again, thank you for your review and for being one of our very first guests!

Travellers also viewed these Dodge City hotels
#1 of 19 in Dodge City
Dodge House Hotel
Dodge House Hotel
#15 of 19 in Dodge City

Been to TownePlace Suites Dodge City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about TownePlace Suites Dodge City

Address: 2800 W Wyatt Earp Blvd, Dodge City, KS 67801-3005
Region: United States > Kansas > Dodge City
Business Centre with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Dodge City
Price Range: £89 - £127 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — TownePlace Suites Dodge City 2.5*
Featuring an outdoor swimming pool and BBQ facilities, this all-suite Dodge City, Kansas hotel is 3 km from United Wireless Arena. Free Wi-Fi access is available throughout the property.A kitchenette with a stove and dishwasher are offered in every suite at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Dodge City. Featuring a bath or shower, private bathrooms also come with a hairdryer.A fitness centre is on site at Marriott Dodge City TownePlace Suites, along with a mini market for guest convenience. Other facilities offered include meeting facilities and a laundry. The property offers free parking.Boot Hill Museum & Casino is 3 km away. Dodge City Raceway Park can be reached in 10 minutes' drive ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your TownePlace Suites Dodge City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.