“BAD”

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Dodge City
nebraska
“BAD”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

Went on a bus trip to Dodge City. This is the worst one we have ever stayed at with a group! Went into bathroom right away and the bathroom floor was under water! Tub and stool didn't drain/flush. All they did was mop up some water. Also the pool area had such a moldy smell it made you sick to take a breath! The bed was awful too. Never again!! Also almost all the other motels have shuttle service to the casino.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

Hotel includes a pool, hot tub, arcade, basketball, volleyball, ping pong and much more! The rooms are very well maintained. There is also a full bar and restaurant. Location is great and there is a free shuttle to the casino which no other hotels in town offer. Best spot in dodge city.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Shaubr
Blairstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

If you like the west and the simple life, this is a great place to be and relax, for your family or for yourself. The most important thing to me is the clean enviroment and I feel like home.The staff and the owner were friendly and helpful willing to go out of their way to help your stay be the most enjoyable.More importantly to me and my crew, from all the places that we have been is how friendly the people from this town are.As a business man myself I know how hard the staff and owner are working to keep this place alive and the meaning of the west. Wish the best of luck.

Room Tip: Call ahead of time.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank rigokid
West Bloomfield, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

My husband and I were traveling with a group of 30 other British car enthusiasts through Kansas. The coordinator selected Dodge House as the host hotel. I knew it wouldn't be a pleasant stay when I saw the cracked glass in the front door. For an unknown reason the hotel had my husband and I as having booked 2 rooms. The hotel advertises free internet service; but it it didn't work throughout our stay. Our room was centrally located off the pool/game area on the first floor. However, we had to pass the pile of discarded furniture and odds and ends stacked in a corner. The sleeping room had a desk; but no accompanying chair. I pulled the desk next to the bed in order to sit and work. Either a hotel employee, or another guest who had our room key, actually opened our door unannounced soon after we checked-in. My husband advised the desk clerk who rekeyed our key cards; but offered no apology nor explanation. We were glad we hadn't paid for the breakfast: the biscuits and sausage were hard; the eggs and pancakes were cold; the service was indifferent. We won't stay here on the way back east.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Hontodesu
Farmington, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

We liked the old west atmosphere, kids loved the pool slide and pool area/jacuzzi. A real bargain for such good accomodations. Unexpected. Free hot breakfast. Will stay there when ever we are in Dodge City overnight.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank beasmus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

Customer service was the beat I had seen in a long time...means a lot to my family that the staff made us feel so comfortable !!!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank catibarrett
KC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

This is a old motel, rooms are old, the courtyard area is old, I really don't have anything good to say.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple