“Clean & friendly local motel”
Review of Dodge House Hotel

Dodge House Hotel
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Dodge City
Reviewed 18 December 2010

We're a family of three that stayed here for the 2nd night of a roadtrip. Chose this local motel over others based on online reviews. Called that morning to reserve a room-king bed for $80 total. Not bad, especially since free hot breakfast buffet is included.

There was an indoor pool with ping pong table, but we didn't use either. Might have is we'd arrived earlier.

We were on the 2nd floor, no elevator, but not a big deal for us. The bathroom appeared to be recently remodeled-it was nice. My husband was impressed with the super fast free wifi. All the staff we dealt with were very friendly & helpful. We'd stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank 3tucsontravelers
There are newer reviews for Dodge House Hotel

Reviewed 25 September 2010

My father's Marine group had a reunion in Dodge City, KS. and stayed at the Dodge House Hotel. The hotel was very accommodating. Everyone was helpful and friendly. The Marines and their families thought it was wonderful. I heard many comments on it uniqueness and decor of the hotel. The group rate was perfect and everyone enjoyed the breakfast buffet. We did not have a bad meal in the restaurant and the prices were right. The indoor meeting area was perfect for visiting. The Marines were very pleased.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank skstuart67801
Reviewed 7 August 2010

I found the service to be excellent at the hotel. All of the staff were very professional, friendly, efficient and very helpful. The shuttle was made available and was quick to take us and return to pick us up. The shuttle driver was wonderful. The free breakfast was a real breakfast with hot food and meat. I ate dinner there and it was good and the price was reasonable. The rooms were nice, comfortable and large. There was nothing about the hotel that I didn't like. I would highly recommend it to my family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank bazzsm
Reviewed 20 July 2010

We held a family reunion in the hotel for a weekend. The staff was very helpful. The food served by the restaurant for our meal was delicious. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome.
The weekend was very warm so the dome area was kind of warm. That would be our only problem with the weekend.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank joycemarie19
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Hotel has a large interior space (like a "holidome") that has a pool with small slide, hot tub, basketball and voleyball courts and some old video games (Galaga!). Great place for kids to run around and let off steam. The space is very warm, probably due in part to all of the room air conditioners dumping their heat into the space. The rooms themselves are fine, A/C worked well, beds and pillows comfortable. The hotel is located near boot hill museum and the center of Dodge City, good location for sight seeing. You get two breakfast tickets per bed, the free breakfast was a mediocre buffet in the attached restaurant. Overall, good place to stay when visiting Dodge City.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2010

Another week at Dodge House. Now we had lunch offered, yea! Still has great breakfast buffet. Only thing, AC blows curtains open and when you are on the inside by the pool and game area, not good. Maybe heavier drapes are in order. Great place for meetings. Desk still great; maids forgot my towels though but I survived.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2010

We were a group of 50 to 75 using the meeting rooms. I assume about half or more were staying at the hotel for 4 nights. All the staff were friendly. My biggest gripe was the WiFi did not work in the evenings. I tried all the usual computer troubleshooting steps before calling the front desk. Each time by the time I called I was told they were aware of the problem and had already rebooted the WiFi twice. No option to use a wired connection in my room. On the 3rd day I spoke with the Manager who said she was not aware of any problems, but said she would speak to the staff and talk with the owner to see what could be done. My impression is they knew they had an ongoing problem that may take replacement equiment. I didn't bother to complain the last night I stayed there.

My room was clean and smelled fine. However the crome fixutures (especially the clothes rack) had lots of rust spots along the entire rack. The tub facuet dripped. Some of the standard hotel style hangers were broken and would not hold slacks. There were 2 or 3 old ratty metal type hangers left by other guests (which was better than nothing). I had a poolside room and the A/C unit would blow the curtains open constantly. The curtains should be heavier or shorter. There was a provided desk with lamp but no chair to use with it other than the room chair that sits too low to work at the desk/computer comfortably. The Tv was older style and small and there was no channel guide other than in the 3-ring binder (although that guide was not current).

The waitresses in the restraurant were super sweet and nice. The included with stay buffet breakfast (scrambled eggs, bisquits & gravy, and french toast) was pretty good and quick. I was not that impressed with the food at lunch. One of us ordered the same "Cowboy Burger" three days in a row and it was served with different toppings each day. Our drinks and sides didn't come out as ordered half the time.

Apparently they need to purchase more towels. They come around in the morning and collect the dirty towels. In my room with a King bed there was only 1 supplied hand towel, two wash cloths, and two bath towels. So if you return to the room during the morning (like during a break from a meeting) to use the bathroom, you don't have a hand towel. If you use a new bath towel to dry your hands, then when they come back to clean the room and stock the towels, they take away the towel you used once to dry your hands. Seems to be a waste.

I won't even get started on trying the describe the stairs, or lack of, and how in the world you would get out during a fire. I did not check out the bar. For me a hotel is a deal breaker if the internet does not work.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business