Stay Suites of America - Dodge City
US$119
US$111
US$124
US$116
Dodge House Hotel(Dodge City)
US$79
US$126
US$117
Priceline
All reviewsroom was cleanindoor pool hot tubnice hotelsmall refrigeratorone night stayan older hotelbagelswould definitely stay here againcoffee potbiscuitsboot hill museumsausagerooms are largenext morningeasy accessfree breakfastgreat breakfast
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed here for 1 night of a 33 night roadtrip. The hotel is slightly out of town, but only a few minutes drive away and there's plenty of parking at and around Boot Hill. My room was quiet and clean, although I felt it was slightly overpriced. However, there's not a huge amount of choice in Dodge City so it could have been worse! The staff were friendly and check-in was swift. Would I stay here again? Yes, although I'm not sure when I'll next be in this part of the US.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Linda B, General Manager at Stay Suites of America - Dodge City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for the nice review you gave the Holiday Inn Express in Dodge City Kansas. As general manager I appreciate the comments. We feel that it is essential to have a nice clean facility for our guests. I hope your journey was pleasant and if in the future, you are ever in the area again, we hope that you will stay with us. Again thank you for the nice review.

Linda

Reviewed 22 September 2013

As you reach the outskirts of Dodge City, KS on Highway 50 eastbound you will easily branch off to Wyatt Earp Blvd.. A short distance down the road you will see this Holiday Inn Express situated just off the roadway. Other hotels are located in the same general area as well. This two story Holiday Inn Express appears older on the exterior. Plenty of parking was available in the front of the building or rear area. The staff was friendly and helpful. The interior of the building was very clean and well kept. Our room faced Wyatt Earp Blvd.. Noise from traffic on the roadway was not bothersome during the night. As morning approached the heavy truck noise on the roadway picked up. Our room had a small refrigerator, microwave and desk. WiFi internet access from our room was free. The hotel is located near many restaurants, gas stations and other services. The hotel offers a free morning breakfast buffet that included a variety of dry or hot cereals, bread, yogurt, eggs, juices, coffee, milk etc. that was good and plentiful. If we were to return to Dodge City we would not hesitate to once again stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the rear of the building.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Stay Suites of America - Dodge City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear SeniorExplorer,

Thank you for sharing such nice comments about your stay with us. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the breakfast and convenient hotel location. Our goal is to make your stay the best it can be and it looks like we accomplished our goal. We look forward to making your next stay even more memorable. Thank you again.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

I made reservations using the ap on my iPhone knowing we would be arriving late at night. We had not stayed at this hotel before but typically the Holiday Inn Express is a good experience.
Upon check in at 11 PM we err told that it was a smoking hotel and the website does not allow the choice of smoking/nonsmoking rooms. We ended up with 1 of each. Our nonsmoking room smelled of smoke. It's may well be because the rooms are in very close proximity. They use very strong air fresheners to try to cover the smokey smell, however they are not very effective.
The hotel staff were friendly, the hotel was clean so we can't complain about that at all.
Those with respiratory issues or allergies may want to make alternate choices.

• Stayed: September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Stay Suites of America - Dodge City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear simonsays85,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience you may have had with the condition of the rooms that you were given. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Despite this, I am happy that you found our staff to be friendly.

We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Pam G

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Hands down worst Holiday Inn Express I have stayed in for a LONG time. I should know because I have stayed in a lot of great HIE's and this isn't one of them. No recognition as a rewards member when I checked in. I booked a no smoking room and ended up with, you guessd it, a smoking room reeking of smoke. The property in general is starting to look tired. Again I should know because I have stayed at this property a few times a year since it was first opened. Everything seems to have slipped a lot from the service to the general condition of things. Last but not least the bathroom had hair left in it. If I was staying for more than one night I would have gone somewhere else after the first night. This HI is going way done on the list of my list of places to stay in Dodge City.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Stay Suites of America - Dodge City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear Ken M ,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I couldn't reserve a non-smoking room so I selected "standard" and noted "top floor, non smoking please". The double front doors are the guests first impression and unfortunately, it's not a good one -- they don't open automatically so for those traveling alone, you're really wrangling with luggage and bags trying to keep them open while the staff stands around watching you and has mentioned, the door area is absolutely filthy. I arrived to learn from the front desk associate how luck I was to get a ground floor king non-smoking because normally the standard selection gets the smoking rooms. I wasn't recognized as a Priority member and usually the front desk recognizes me then hands me a bottle of water or something - this isn't required but it's just a nice gesture that's nonexistent here. I went to my room on this 95' day to feel the same temp in my room - the a/c unit was set to "fan" rather than "cool" (a/c) so the room was basically a sauna. I appreciated the laminated note from the manager telling me the unit was set to fan, but it wasn't needed as that was incredibly obvious. If the room was reserved and guaranteed, couldn't someone have turned on the a/c at some point in the day for the guest. There were four flies in the room as well as stains on the bed coverlet. The rooms and furniture are definitely in need of an updating and a coat of paint, mine looked very very worn, the bathroom toilet was really stained, the tub would barely drain, the shower head had great pressure but it was covered with scale. The internet service kept dropping and I finally just paid my cell provider to create a hot spot. It was difficult to work anyway because the desk area only had one plugin. I couldn't use the couch area because the springs were shot and I sunk to the ground when I sat in on it. I finally used the bed and just ran my longer cords across the room. The large dog next door barked and being on the first floor there was a lot of traffic in the halls (which is why I request top floors) creating noise making it difficult to work. The general overall feel is an outdated, musty, and not-too-clean facility. I realize a standard response could be "Did you notify the front desk about these issues?" Well no I didn't. The rooms are supposedly cleaned daily/very often and should be thoroughly inspected by management on a regular basis so there should be no need for guests to notify the front desk about something as obvious as severe scale on fixtures, musty smelly rooms, and tubs that don't drain. I will say that the woman handling the breakfast area and the housekeeping staff were VERY friendly!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Linda B, General Manager at Stay Suites of America - Dodge City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

I apologize for all of the inconveniences that occurred during your stay. I will take it to my staff and we will fix what issues that we can. I also apologize for not being able to provide an upstairs king room as this is an issue that was unavoidable since we were already booked.The rooms upstairs had stay overs already in the rooms. Please accept my sincere apology.

Linda Breid