“Comfortable, attractive hotel”
Review of Dodge City Inn

Dodge City Inn
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Dodge City
Reviewed 29 December 2007

This is a new or newly remodeled property on Business Highway 50 in Dodge City. Our room was spacious with large work spaces and a comfortable sitting area, even in a double queen. The decor is attractive, of recent vintage. HVAC system was functional and quiet. The overall appearance, bedding, and decor are superior in comparison to most properties of this type. There is a pool, which we did not use, and complementary breakfast.

The hotel is on the main drag, with considerable car, truck, and train traffic not far from the rooms that face the highway. While the noise didn't bother us much, you might request a room on the opposite side. I wondered whether the parking area would be large enough when the hotel is full. The price, even with an AAA discount, was more than you typically expect to pay for properties of this type in smaller Midwestern towns.

Overall, a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank TravelerKC

Reviewed 10 October 2007

The good: This hotel is very clean and comfortable. Easy to use high speed internet. They offer movies and a good selection of cable tv channels. There are free fresh fruit, cookies, juice and coffee available in the afternoon and evenings. Very good breakfast bar that exceeds the normal toast, bagels and dry pastries.

The bad: The street in front of the hotel (most of Dodge City's hotels are on this street) is heavily traveled by large semi cattle trucks (major industry in the area) so they are noisy and you can feel them drive by. Also directly accross the street are train tracks and you can hear them go by. Again you will find the bad with almost all of Dodge City's accomidations.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank murdawg
Reviewed 23 August 2007

After reading the reviews I booked a room at the Comfort Inn in Dodge City. I got a non smoking room with a King-size bed. Ended up having family come visit us there and it worked out well. Our room had a small couch and 3 extra chairs. The couch had a hide-a-bed in it and ended up using that for neice that stayed. There were a couple nicer hotels but they were booked up. This one was a little under $100 and it appeared to be pretty clean and it also smelled good in there. I didn't have too many problems with noise from inside or out. Had indoor pool but didn't use it. Compared to some of the other hotels I saw I was glad I picked this one. Overall I was pleased with my stay.

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank camp40
Reviewed 29 July 2006

The staff of the Boot Hill Comfort Inn, were warm and welcoming when we arrived from a long drive heading towards Oklahoma. The email reservation requests we made were all in order, the free newspapers and cookies and beverages available all day were very nice extras. The room was immaculate and the bed comfortable. We enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi being available 24 hours so that we could relax later at night after touring the nearby Boot Hill museum (that is open until 8:00 pm). Breakfast was hearty with waffles, eggs, bacon and bisquits and gravy as well as the usual continental fare. Check-out was simple with the bill delivered that night and a simple call to the desk to confirm the charges - leaving the keys in the room. We definitely recommend this hotel for a stay, conveniently located by many restaurants and not far from any store you might need.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank Dotty_4_Dalmations
Reviewed 22 June 2006

This hotel was pretty nice. The room was clean and the bathroom was fairly nice sized. The location was on the main highway and there was some noise...but you would have that at any of the hotels in Dodge City. They are all located on the highway. The pool was nice and had a hot tub. The breakfast was good...but there were not enough tables for all the people and no trays to take breakfast. WE had to make several trips to the second floor with breakfast. But the food was good with hot items like bacon. ALL in all this was a nice hotel. I believe it is the newest one in Dodge City.
DODGE CITY was a fun place to visit.
SO GET THE HECK IN TO DODGE SOON.

3  Thank IndianaKris
A TripAdvisor Member
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 13 February 2006

I was leary of staying at this hotel after reading the first review on this site, but my stay was great. Great staff, very friendly and helpful. Loved the free high speed internet access and was even able to borrow a laptop. Very clean, comfortable room with an exceptionally comfortable bed! Best sleep I've had at a hotel in a long time. Enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Very nice hot breakfast. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 January 2006

I wish to pass on that this was the worst night ever that I have spent in a hotel. We had a room on the front side of the building and traffic from the highway-right outside the window- kept us up all night long. Every time a semi truck would pass by, it would rattle the window, shake the bed and have you thinking one was going to come through the wall at any minute.

I do not recommend this hotel to anyone and will never stay there again. We did change rooms the next night to the rear of the building and either we could not hear the noise or were too exhausted to care at that time. This experience has soured me towards Comfort Inn and I doubt that I will stay with this hotel chain again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2006