“Great experience overall”
Review of Dodge City Inn

Dodge City Inn
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Dodge City
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The motel was located close to the tourist area and restaurants. Everything was clean and fresh, good variety of food at breakfast, and staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were comfortable with beds being on the soft side.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Kelly L
MD K, General Manager at Dodge City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the compliments. I am very glad to know that your stay with us was satisfactory. We strongly value all guest comments, I will share these with my entire team as they
deserve to know that their job was appreciated. We really do appreciate your business and looking for opportunity to see you again.

Md khalequzzaman

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Nice hotel with pleasant staff, very clean room. Asked for and got a second floor room on side away from main road. Pretty good breakfast - scrambled eggs, sausage, plus a waffle machine, cereal, etc. Offered dark roast coffee as well as "regular". Stayed one night while traveling. Pool looked nice and clean but did not use it - no time. Good location - probably less than a mile west of Boot Hill area.

Room Tip: Second floor, away from road.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
MD K, General Manager at Dodge City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the compliments. I am very excited that we could meet your expectation, you liked the room, breakfast and our indoor pool and SPA. Glad to learn that my staff did excellent job which I will share with them and will take care them. We appreciate your business and will always be looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

The start was not good, I did not realise there would not be any taxis at Dodge Station and when I rang the hotel at about 4:00 on a Sunday morning, from the train asking the desk clerk how I could get to the hotel I was surprised when he asked where the station was??

But the very helpful man at the station gave me a lift. Please note once more there are no taxis at the station, in fact the station is run by volunteers - God bless them as they get up to meet and have coffee ready for the travellers who arrive at 5:30 in the morning!

After saying that the hotel was fine and the other staff very helpful - and it is good value for money. They did tell me where to go if the tornado siren went off ! - It was the same day as the Oaklahoma tornados!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I am very sorry that my front desk clerk did not understand your question regarding the"station". Glad to know that the ending was satisfactory even though the start was not good. Also, happy to know that your night with us comfortable and satisfactory for the price and my staff performed their job diligently. We really do appreciate your business and hope to see you again during future lodging need in Dodge City.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

It was snowing out and we were so happy to have a nice room all cozy and warm to go back to after attending a program in Dodge City, Kansas. They welcomed us in the room with a note, bottle of water and peanuts. Nice touch! Bed was comfy and room clean. Friendly young man at the desk. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 123 was king size bed and comfortable room on ground floor. There is no elevator in this hotel...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with all. I appreciate you for being an Elite member of Choice privilege program and for staying with choice hotels. I am very happy to know that your night with us was comfortable and satisfactory. I will take care of the young gentleman at the desk who performed his job professionally. Will be excited to see a honorable guest like you again, be safe and happy until then.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Booked a room here to attend a funeral. First of all, when we arrived the snow from 3 days earlier hadn't been scooped. Had to walk through 3 inches of slush and snow to get to our room. Our first room was freezing as the heat was off and didn't come on for the 30 minutes we were in that room. We switched rooms and this one was either too hot or too cold. As far as the pool being open 24 hours, it is not. It closes at 11 pm. They also advertise free snacks. Never saw those either. They ran out of towels. Told us to take some from the pool area. But the worst occurred in the morning at breakfast. We went down 30 minutes after it started and the waffle maker was not even plugged in. It took 20 minutes to warm up, and then realized there was no batter. One was completely empty, and one had black crusty dried batter come out. Pretty sure it was from the day before! There was also no syrup.Finally, saw the waffle batter being filled for the first time an hour later. Had to go eat somewhere else. When I did complain about the problems I was told it was the weather, that I was lying about the problems, and not to "threat us". Beware if you stay here and don't expect much help from the management.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This hotel was in a nice location to explore downtown Dodge City, and they allowed pets which was really what we needed. It was an extra $5 for our dog, the room was a reasonable price, hot breakfast included. The hotel had a musty odor, but it wasn't horrible, just a little...strange. There was an indoor pool but unfortunately we didn't have time to use it. The staff was friendly and helpful. I'd stay there again if we visited the area.

Room Tip: They gave us a room right by the exit-perfect for taking the dog out to do his business. I definitel...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I admit to being too tired to look around when i checked in, when i got up to shower it was decked out with hair, long, short, curly, it was a hair zoo in the tub. i cleaned it myself and after the shower i noticed lots of bugs that resemble ants on the end table. that made me look at my bed to see if they were there too, when i lifted my pillows i saw.... more hair! i am a dude with a shaved head so i hate seeing long hair on my sheets when i travel alone. if this place was cleaned right it would be a great place, its new enough and all the crap in the room worked but too much OTHER PEOPLES HAIR for me.

Room Tip: all the rooms have a small tobacco smell
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business