“Good luck on staying at this place.”
Review of Dodge City Inn

Dodge City Inn
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Dodge City
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The only thing good about this hotel was that the bed was comfortable. We had a roll away bed in our room and when I asked the gal at the front disk if we could have a blanket for the roll away she gave me the mattress pad for one of the double beds stating this was our blanket. In the shower they had shampoo and body lotion. I asked the front desk for conditioner and she gave me 3 body lotion and 1 conditioner. The hair dryer that is built into the wall did not work. I had to go to another room where the maids were cleaning the room to use that hair dryer. The hot tub smelled of musty water. Could not stay in very long cause it gaged us. When the manager got to work I showed him the blanket that we got for the roll away and told him that his help needs to learn how to read conditioner verse body lotion and also the hair dryer did not work. He apologize and said he would get someone in to fix the hair dryer that day. When we got back to our room that night the hair dryer was not fixed and our trash was not taken out. (which I had asked the manager to have the cleaning ladies to take out the trash). Breakfast was a night mare. The employee could not keep up with putting out the food so there was nothing to eat. And the bananas were BLACK. My family and I will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PenHol
MD K, General Manager at Dodge City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for taking time to write an online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize or failing to exceed your expectation. We have a couple of new employees who are yet to learn and perform their job as required. Information you provided will be used to do everything possible to assure future much better experience.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that might have caused. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Kinda dated and the internet was down more than it was up. Not sure if there was an issue with cox cable for 48 hours or not. The rates were too high I think for the quality of the rooms. With the limited Choice locations in the area this was it for me since I lean toward Choice.

• Stayed: July 2014
MD K, General Manager at Dodge City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am extremely sorry for failing to exceed your expectation. Yes, internet was little down because of the server (COX) issue.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I appreciate your night with us and will be looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Upon arrival we went into our room and were overwhelmed by the musty moldy smell that besieged us. My husband immediately went to the front desk and told them. They offered a can of aerosol. Really? No offer of another room. Probably because the whole place smelled that way....the halls were just as bad. We managed to deal with it but had a very restless night. Woke up to my eyes burning. Next time I am going to another hotel. Also the carpet was damp everywhere!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
MD K, General Manager at Dodge City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am extremely sorry for failing to exceed your expectation. Definitely, the the front desk clerk should have offered a room change. It should have not managed the way it was.

Again, I am really sorry and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused. I do appreciate your business and will be looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Rooms were not bad. They were defiantly older. The hall that was on the first floor was like walking in a stinky cloud. Cigarette smell was horrible. Rooms were a little high for the quality of accommodations and breakfast provided.

Room Tip: Rooms were not bad. They were defiantly older. The hall that was on the first floor was like walking...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MD K, General Manager at Dodge City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to complete an online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
Your feedback is very important and we are extremely sorry to learn that we failed to exceed your expectation. We are trying to get rid of only a few smoking rooms. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that may have caused. We think you liked our new bedding like other guests.

We really appreciate your business and we will be looking forward to seeing again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two weeks the end of May on business . I've stayed here several times over the past two years . This motel is always clean and a great place to stay . The staff will help you anytime , the breakfast is good , indoor pool and excerise room plus a hot tub always a great choice on someplace to stay in Dodge . I don't know about the price my company pays .

• Stayed: May 2014
MD K, General Manager at Dodge City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for completing an online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We really appreciate and value your feedback. And we always strive to make your stay pleasant. We are glad to know that we successfully exceeded your expectation. I will share these compliments with my entire team.

Your business is very important to us and we will be looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Having stayed at Comfort Inn in the past I expected a clean room and a comfortable bed. Both expectations were not meet. I also was not asked if I was eligible for any special rates. The room rate was extremely high. In addition the front desk clerk did not do or say anything to make me feel like he/she cared that I was dissatisfied.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
MD K, General Manager at Dodge City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Guest,
We really appreciate and value your feedback as we continuously strive to confirm a satisfactory stay for all of our guests. We are really sorry to learn that you did not find the beds comfortable and the room was satisfactorily clean. This should not have been like that. But honestly we expected you will find it comfortable like other guests, who are appreciating because of our new top of bed linens, comforter, firm and soft pillows, etc. Also, we are sorry to know that our front desk employees did not perform a satisfactory job for you. Our room rate is very much reasonable and lower than our competitors in Dodge City.
We are extremely sorry for failing to exceed your expectation and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We really do appreciate your business and hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Arriving very weary at 10:30p after a long drive, we had a second floor rm reached only by a sweeping stairway. My wife (we are not young) has difficulty with stairs due to foot surgery; no elevator and young woman at front desk was not helpful - "our first floor rooms are all sold out." Multi floor properties without elevators really need to say that, up front, on their websites. Almost comic that a luggage cart was prominent on the second floor at head of stairs - maybe you load your stuff, then carry the cart up and down stairs? No toiletries in room. Asked desk guy (manager?) dressed in ripped jeans who remained on business call while taking a good while to locate soap and shampoo. No electric outlets anywhere near bed headboards for a needed medical device (CPAP). Suitcase stand positioned so it could not be opened. Landscape maintenance dirty, with two-foot thistles and dead shrubs. "Breakfast" was the absolute minimum, with plastic-wrapped, off-tasting danish and muffins. When I pay $99 (with discount) to obtain reliability via a national brand, I expect better than this.

Room Tip: Travelers who can't easily climb stairs need to make sure a first floor room is available.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
MD K, General Manager at Dodge City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear guest,
We are sorry to learn that we could not meet your expectation. We will investigate and do everything possible based on information you provided. We really appreciate your business and hope you will consider staying with us again.
Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.