“Don't stay here !!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dodge City Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Dodge City Inn
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Dodge City
NEBRASKA
“Don't stay here !!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2009

They sure don't know how to treat their Rewards guests!!!
I had made a reservation several months in advance and requested a first floor suite. We arrived before 4PM and noticed a lot of road construction in front of the hotel.
We were very rudely told many things by the clerk. 1. No rooms on the quieter, back side of the hotel were available. 2. There were no first floor rooms available 3. We could not have a suite on a free points night, even though the internet showed some available 4. Basically were told that we couldn't have any sort of room that we were wanting because she assigns the rooms in the order they are booked ( Well I booked the room several months ago! ) Usually we are told that the rooms are given out in the order you arrive and we arrived before 4PM.
There was no elevator and we had to drag all of our luggage up a very long flight of stairs. We also observed during our stay that the hotel was only about 1/4 full. Still we were told that no other rooms were available when we inquired again later.
We were also disappointed that the hot tub was broken and the pool was very small and shallow.
The water in the shower was not hot enough for my taste, and the towels were dingy looking and smelled like bleach.
The worst ordeal was that the coffee pot leaked all over and the basket did not drain and fell out whenever you touched the pot. I ended up burning my hand, and for some reason when the hot tea went all over the counter the fire alarm went off !!!
We didn't sleep very well as it was quiet noisy from all the truck traffic and road construction.
Breakfast wasn't any better. They didn't have any syrup for the waffles, no cereal for the kids, and the juice machine was broken.
When we returned to our room neither of our keys would work.
Obviously, we were glad to get back on the road.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2009

Overall this is good hotel. There is a heavy smell of cig. smoke in the hallways but our room had none. The beds are wonderfully comfortable. The rooms are clean and comfortable. No water pressure in our room #106 and the traffic outside would be a problem for light sleepers which I am not. The breakfast is good and a variety of items. The only issue is they stop serving at 9:30 which is bad for people who from the west coast since that is 7:30am. Not great for vacation. The pool is nice the hot tub is OK, not overly hot and no real jets but still nice to relax.
All in all the hotel was nice. I would stay there again if I was in town.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2009

I have stayed in this hotel at least five times (once per year)-- that should tell you all you need to know. I will NOT stay in dirty hotels and consider myself picky on many fronts. This place is clean and comfortable. The rates have started drifting up towards $100/night, but you get what you pay for, and this place delivers. The breakfast is average, but passable. I keep coming back to the Comfort Inn in Dodge City and I will again. If you can get a room in this property, do so; you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2009

There was supposedly only a smoking room left. And the rate was $98.00 The minute we walked in the door the smell of smoke blindsighted us. The towels, the bed, blankets, sheets smelled terrible. You would have thought the room had more like smoke damage. The carpet had so many burn holes on it. I was not impressed. I kept the window open all night and is still smelled like smoke in the morning. I have stayed at many other comfort inn's during this trip. This was the only bad experience.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Dodge City hotels

Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2009

This is my second time to stay at Comfort Inn since November 2008. This time they were completely remodeling so my room had new carpet, etc. The only thing I would recommend is to ask for a room in the back and not one facing Wyatt Erp because the traffic noise will keep you awake at night if you are a light sleeper. Otherwise rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. Breakfast buffet is pretty good as well. I will stay here again the next time I'm in town visiting family.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2008

My husband and I spent one night at this Comfort Inn on our way to Oklahoma City. A young lady named Caitlyn was at the front desk both when we arrived and when we checked out. She was very friendly and accommodating. We had booked a king room and she was able to give us one at the back side of the hotel so we weren't bothered by street noise. The room was spacious and had a sofa bed in addition to the king bed. There was plenty of food at the breakfast buffet. I would say this property is the equivalent of other Comfort Inns we've stayed at in the past.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2008

We stayed at this hotel 7/22/08. It left a lot to be desired, but from what I saw of the other hotels in Dodge City I would stay here again if I ever came back.

Dogs were not allowed in this hotel. This is a real plus because most other hotels in the area allow dogs in the rooms.

Our room was clean, but VERY small. There was a king bed and with the regular room furniture only one person at a time could walk around the bed. Also, the bed was to hard.

The vending machine and ice machine were outside our door, and the noise was noticeable. Also, our room faced the front of the building which was very close to the highway. We could hear trucks and cars driving normally down the highway. My recomendation to anyone staying here would be to make sure you get a room facing the back of the hotel.

On the plus side the A/C was very quiet. It also had a continuous run fan setting. This is good so you don't notice the A/C cutting on and off during the night.

The breakfast was adequate, but the room was way to small for the number of people who were trying to use it.

• Liked — Dogs were not allowed. This is a real plus.
  • Disliked — The noise from the road.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple