“Nice people”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Nice people but the food did not hit the mark. I think the hamburgers and simpler things are very good however the Risotto, Asian spring rolls, etc. are hit and miss. For the price I dont want hit or miss.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

We had previously gone to this restaurant under former owners and had been disappointed because of service and and run down condition of place. Last year we didn't stop. Found it had changed ownership and been remodeled . We stopped in October and what a pleasant surprise!! It was very clean with very good food. Most of all the owners stopped and visited with us. Mother, Father and daughter. All were very friendly and appreciated our business. We were very happy to see the change. We will definitely stop again on our way South for winter. Highly recommend this restaurant !! Well worth the stop.

1  Thank Pat J
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Nice place, friendly people and good food. Might be a little upscale the small community that it is in, however, it is very clean and orderly. Food is good and service has always been good.

1  Thank J63P
Reviewed 13 October 2012

My wife and I decided to go have breakfast at the Ellsworth Steak House this morning and we experienced the worst breakfast buffet ever. The eggs were runny, the biscuits were hard, the gravy hadn't been stirred all mornng, the pancakes were hard...but to top it all off the worst things were the potatoes, They appeared to be left over baked potatoes from previous days that were just cut up and deep fried, they were gross. When I went to pay the bill, I informed the owner Mr. Davis about our meal, his only response was "Oh, we'll try better next time".Mr. Davis there will not be a next time.

2  Thank David R
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Food is great, service equals the food. Usually, someone on the staff holds the doors open for my wife and I. The only problem we have ever had is that the portions are sometimes too much for us.

1  Thank jhdolven
Richard D, Owner at Ellsworth Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We endeavor to make every experience at the Ellsworth Steak House as enjoyable for our guests/customers as possible - thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We look foward to the next time!