“Good hotel with nice staff”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Emporia
Belleville, Illinois
“Good hotel with nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel the night before a business meeting, and I chose it because of it's proximity to my client. However, I was very happy to see that there was a Starbucks within walking distance, and it was a nice hotel. The front desk clerk was very friendly and we chatted for a bit about why I was in town, etc. The room was comfortable, and clean. So, I will stay here next time I'm in Emporia.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Monica H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Olathe, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Returning to this property for the third time, and I was not dissapointed. It has been nicely maintained; cheery, pleasant greeting from the young lady at the front desk, and the room and surroundings were fresh and clean. Breakfast bar featured bicuits and gravy, eggs, sausage and pancakes. A great choice if you have young ones to feed in the morning. Busy, highway location, but noise didn't seem to be a factor. Would definately return to stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the West end of the hotel will be farther away from the highway. I use ear plugs anyway, s...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Toadbite
oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

After driving almost 12 hours I decided to splurge over my normal budget and check into the Holiday Inn Express. I was very pleased with the young lady (Lisa) at the desk. She was kind and professional. The room was clean and fully stocked with the normal things (soap, coffee, shampoo...etc.) There is a fridge, desk and microwave. Compared to other double queen rooms I've rented this room has more space and length. The only problem I found was the water pressure was weak. I was pleased with how many lights the room had, I could turn on only what was comfortable and not have a bright overhead light.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
elizabeth, colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

Sitting here in my room. I am here for a short business trip. I entered the room and as usual greeted with a very clean room. Bed is immaculately made with the bedding partially turned down. Since I am a priority member I was given the choice of either an upgrade or discounted room with king bed. I chose the king bed. I am always comfortable with their pillow top beds, choice of soft or firm pillows, coffee maker for fresh coffee in the morning and yes a refrigerator and microwave. For the money I spent here, it's an excellent choice.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank asmile2day
MC, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

My husband spent some time working in Emporia and I was able to join him with our three children (10, 7 and 5). There was limited parking, but we found at least one space each time we needed to park. There were several shopping and dining options within a few blocks. The room was pleasant and having a fridge and microwave was handy. The breakfast was decent and seemed to be put out a few minutes early each day, however the breakfast staff could have been a little less standoffish. The pool/hot tub area would have been much more enjoyable if the bugs I asked the front desk staff to remove from the water had ever been swept up, but the kids didn't really want to keep walking around the perimeter where they had been dumped out and squashed and were concerned about more bugs they spotted floating in the water (apparently these bugs are not a hotel problem, but a problem throughout the town at this time), so we definitely could have spent more time swimming. The TV was a great diversion from the condition of the pool, so while the children enjoyed the kids channels, I was able to use the highspeed internet and experienced no problems with it. My husband plans to stay here for future work trips and we would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Omaha, ne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

I stayed at this hotel and at 10a.m. someone knocked at the door and before I could walk over to open it, the door came flying open and a man hotel employee (I assume
he was the cleaning person) walked in the door. Thank goodness we were already
dressed and ready for the day. I just looked at him and his reply was "just checking". I was so stunned I couldn't say a word. There was no reason for this to happen. The television was on lound enough that he had to know someone was in the room. Checkout was not until 12 noon. I reported it to the front desk and they were not shocked at all and they said they would "take care of it". After reading others reviews, I see this has happended here before and it has not been "taken care of". So if you stay at this hotel make sure you double lock the doors at all times and bring a baseball bat!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank KarenOmaha55
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

My husband is diabetic & must keep his insulin cool so we must stay in rooms that have fridges. Delighted to find out that all the rooms at Holiday Inn Express Hotel have fridges & microwaves. This is not the case at Comfort Inns where we usually stay where only the suites have these. We've usually avoided Holiday Inn Express because we assumed they were a lot more expensive than Comfort Inn. But this one was comparable in price and as nice or nicer than what we usually experience in our stays at Comfort Inn. We had a comfortable night & had an acceptable breakfast to get us started the next day. We will probably stay at Holiday Inn Expresses more in future.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple