“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Emporia
Schererville, Indiana
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 7 December 2012

The rooms at the hotel are very clean. The bathroom is big and has bars around the tub for older people to secure themselves while entering and existing the shower area. The staff is very pleasant and very helpful. I had a logistical problem with baggage and the front desk staff and manager went out of their way to resolve my situation. The rates are very good especially the senior rate. The morning breakfast is more than sufficient.
I would recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Kelli M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to help you with your luggage. Thank you for the kind review and it is always a pleasure to help out a guest!

Sincerely
Kelli Mai
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Platteville, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

I travel overnight about 100 days a year. Holiday Inn Express is one of my preferred chains. The Emporia location isn't as new or well appointed as locations in Oswego, IL, Madison, WI or Bethlehem, PA, but it is in decent shape...and the staff is wonderful. It seems to blend in with its blue collar Emporia surroundings. One negative... as other reviews have mentioned.. the water pressure in the shower is a bit low, but still functional. I'd stay here again if work sends me back to Emporia!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Ron L
Tennessee
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Once we saw the Best Western "Hospitality" here in Emporia, we immediately canceled those rooms and booked at the Holiday Inn Express. Glad we did. Very spacious, clean rooms, high ceilings, roomy sitting area with desk. Bathroom door swings in onto the vanity & makes it a tight fit. Breakfast is just OK, as in all limited service hotels. Staff is outgoing, cheerful and friendly. Didn't like the blaring, negative Fox News in the eating area, but you can't beat this location, cleanliness and courtesy.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel the night before a business meeting, and I chose it because of it's proximity to my client. However, I was very happy to see that there was a Starbucks within walking distance, and it was a nice hotel. The front desk clerk was very friendly and we chatted for a bit about why I was in town, etc. The room was comfortable, and clean. So, I will stay here next time I'm in Emporia.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Monica H
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Returning to this property for the third time, and I was not dissapointed. It has been nicely maintained; cheery, pleasant greeting from the young lady at the front desk, and the room and surroundings were fresh and clean. Breakfast bar featured bicuits and gravy, eggs, sausage and pancakes. A great choice if you have young ones to feed in the morning. Busy, highway location, but noise didn't seem to be a factor. Would definately return to stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the West end of the hotel will be farther away from the highway. I use ear plugs anyway, s...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Toadbite
oklahoma
Reviewed 23 March 2012

After driving almost 12 hours I decided to splurge over my normal budget and check into the Holiday Inn Express. I was very pleased with the young lady (Lisa) at the desk. She was kind and professional. The room was clean and fully stocked with the normal things (soap, coffee, shampoo...etc.) There is a fridge, desk and microwave. Compared to other double queen rooms I've rented this room has more space and length. The only problem I found was the water pressure was weak. I was pleased with how many lights the room had, I could turn on only what was comfortable and not have a bright overhead light.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
elizabeth, colorado
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Sitting here in my room. I am here for a short business trip. I entered the room and as usual greeted with a very clean room. Bed is immaculately made with the bedding partially turned down. Since I am a priority member I was given the choice of either an upgrade or discounted room with king bed. I chose the king bed. I am always comfortable with their pillow top beds, choice of soft or firm pillows, coffee maker for fresh coffee in the morning and yes a refrigerator and microwave. For the money I spent here, it's an excellent choice.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business