“enjoyable night”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Emporia
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Just off I-35 this hotel was not only convenient but the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Everything about this Holiday Inn Express was in tip-top shape! Staff was very friendly and breakfast was adequate (the hot scrambled eggs were delicious). We also appreciated being able to walk to a good steakhouse, Montana Mike's, and a Starbucks. Only complaint was the temperature ofthe room was hard to adjust - either too hot or too cold. We would definitely recommend to our friends without hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Raslakeville
Kelli M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

I am trilled you enjoyed the convenience of the local area and the amenities the hotel has to offer. I will let maintenance know of you concerns about the AC units.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Stayed here on business for a week and its an older Holiday Inn Express in need of an update.

My room was clean but I had to move furniture to find available outlets for phone and computer chargers, only had three hangers to hang up some clothes, the bed was on the hard side but passable. A no frills room and hotel for sure...

Good luck with the internet! First night I had no issues, second night around 7:30pm the speed dropped and connection was horrible, spent an hour on the phone with eHost Tech Support which finally got me to a "Sorry, don't know what to tell you it's just a bad connection." The next night, same issue at the same time. I called back Tech Support and told the guy it was a bit suspicious and finally he finds me on the "penalize list" for no reason which was throttling my speed down to next to nothing. Unacceptable for business travelers that are trying to finish work. I know this may not be the hotels problem but they did choose to contract to this particular tech services group so it does fall back on them.

The "free" hot breakfast in the morning I wouldn't even feed to my dog so don't waste your time just grab a piece of fruit or muffin, not to mention there are just five small cramped together tables to sit at with the kitchen employee hovering over everyone while they try to eat.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CCTVTrainer

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced at our hotel. We want to offer the best service possible, and feedback from our guests helps us to do that. Thank you for your review and I will take appropriate action to try to fix the all that you have informed me of.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

What a great refuge from the I-35, clean,accomodating and comfortable. A hot tub and pool available and great breakfast, we stayed 2 nights at 90 dollars or so..didnt care cuz everything you need is within walkind distance, we dined at Montana Mikes just outside our door, my husband had a great burger and I had a great meal and didnt have to spend a arm or leg. Reccomend highly.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker they will accomodate you by the nearest entrances. plus stay on first floor wher...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa N
Reviewed 6 January 2013

What is it about Emporia, Kansas that entitles them to over charge for rooms? I paid an awful rate at this hotel to simply sleep for a few hours. The hotel was nothing special. It's not some place that I will remember next week, let alone the next time I am driving through the area. The room was spacious and provided a fridge and microwave. A nice touch. But overall it was no better than any other discount chain hotel and again, the room was over priced. Not some place that I would realish going back to nor would I drive out of my way in order not to stay here. It was a bed in a clean room...

Room Tip: Room 100 is right next to the entry way and is large.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NonnahsS
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear NonnahsS,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 December 2012

The rooms at the hotel are very clean. The bathroom is big and has bars around the tub for older people to secure themselves while entering and existing the shower area. The staff is very pleasant and very helpful. I had a logistical problem with baggage and the front desk staff and manager went out of their way to resolve my situation. The rates are very good especially the senior rate. The morning breakfast is more than sufficient.
I would recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to help you with your luggage. Thank you for the kind review and it is always a pleasure to help out a guest!

Sincerely

Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

I travel overnight about 100 days a year. Holiday Inn Express is one of my preferred chains. The Emporia location isn't as new or well appointed as locations in Oswego, IL, Madison, WI or Bethlehem, PA, but it is in decent shape...and the staff is wonderful. It seems to blend in with its blue collar Emporia surroundings. One negative... as other reviews have mentioned.. the water pressure in the shower is a bit low, but still functional. I'd stay here again if work sends me back to Emporia!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Ron L
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Once we saw the Best Western "Hospitality" here in Emporia, we immediately canceled those rooms and booked at the Holiday Inn Express. Glad we did. Very spacious, clean rooms, high ceilings, roomy sitting area with desk. Bathroom door swings in onto the vanity & makes it a tight fit. Breakfast is just OK, as in all limited service hotels. Staff is outgoing, cheerful and friendly. Didn't like the blaring, negative Fox News in the eating area, but you can't beat this location, cleanliness and courtesy.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business