“Keep on looking ”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Emporia
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

This us not a good place to stay. We booked the hotel while driving through Missouri. It was quite late when we pulled in or we might have just looked for something else.

It was fully booked.

The trash cans just outside the door as you entered were full and running over. I had to wait quite some time for someone to check me in and then the bottom of the bathtub looked as though it had rust stains in it. I would have complained had it not been late and this was the last room

Breakfast was not bad, but will keep looking next time.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank don7614
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear don7614,

Ben J

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Our first room was supposed to be a two room suit. It was not a two room just a large one room with a sofa. Plus it wreaked of smoke. They moved us two another room but in the middle of the night we realized the just air setting was broke and it got very humid and uncomfortable. We stuck it out, I was just to darn tired to move again. The bathroom had a bad urine smell. I will not be visiting this hotel ever again. I wish Emporia had a higher end hotel too make our visits to Emporia State nicer.

Room Tip: Ask to see room first, check air conditioner plus fresh air setting.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear dspind01,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not satisfied with the condition of the room you received. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Jaime W

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this property for many reasons. It had the quality we expect from the Holiday Inn chain, priced right, great location off the interstate and many good restaurants very close by. The front desk staff was friendly and the breakfast not too bad either. The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. We would stay there again if in the area or just passing through.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and after reading the previous reviews we were pleased with the customer service and how friendly they were. We stayed in a double bed room and it was roomy and clean. The bathroom is small but we didn't have a problem with the sink being separate. The closet space is little but the dresser had 4 drawers. The laundry room is a nice plus since each machine was $1. We usually stay in Hilton brand hotels but for the price this was a nice place to stay, we were deciding between here and the candlewood suites and for the price difference I'd stay here unless you need the full size fridge and kitchenette.

• Stayed: July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

Dear mdttwilliams,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. It is great to read that you are pleased with the service received during your visit. I regret however that the size of the bathroom facility did not completely meet your liking.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again!

Regards,

Pam G

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel May 21 - 22. Bathroom was very odd. Door swung inward and barely cleared the toilet, and when you open the door it completely covers the sink, vanity and mirror. You have to open the door, stand between the toilet and tub, then shut the door to use the sink. What kind of an idiot designed this? On top of that hot and cold faucets were reversed, 2 days and I still couldn't get used to that one! Hair dryer didn't work, Kleenex dispenser empty, mold on the bottom of the shower curtain, shampoo and conditioner but no lotion (saving pennies there), towels frayed and could be softer. Main room was pretty clean except for a large deposit of bird poop on the outside of the window, had to keep the curtain shut, who wants to look at that? Bed was comfortable. Daytime construction next door during the day, new hotel, not this hotels fault. Breakfast was only OK, no granola (just my choice), no waffles or pancakes like almost every hotel has. WIFI was reliable and fast, that upped my review from poor to average. For what it is the price is high, should be $80 or less per night. Don't know if I would stay there again, maybe. I know I would look at others first.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Dear Randy B,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had because of of the condition and layout of the bathroom facility as well as the food selections served during your stay. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Once again, thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention. I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 14 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel April 12-13. We find ourselves in Emporia frequently for sports competitions. I booked online a few months in advance and prepaid in order to get the reduced rate. When checking online a few weeks later, the price had even dropped more than what I prepaid. This was disappointing. When checking in, the receptionist was very kind with a smile. I asked for a quiet room. She gave me a room next to the construction on the back side of the hotel. Our view was of a large bulldozer. I'm not sure that was a "quiet" room I requested. There are obnoxious signs hanging around the hotel everywhere that warn everyone that the construction is not their problem. There was one at the desk when checking in, one in the elevator, one in the door to the pool. We saw all these signs within 1 minute of checking in . It scared us that the construction was noisy, and that the hotel didn't care about their guests. Take the signs down, management. They are tacky.

The room was average. 2 queen beds with refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, one TV. Bathroom quite small and difficult for 2 people to get ready in morning because the door swings inward.

When calling for wake up call, their official time was 15 minutes off. When receiving our wake up call, it was 15 min off also due to their incorrect official time. Not sure what that was all about.

Breakfast was average. Very kind man was recently new employee keeping everything stocked. He did well. Very clean area.

This hotel was too average for me to stay again for the price we paid. I would stay at another hotel in Emporia in the future. My family agreed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from construction site.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bananasue37
Kelli M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Thank you for your review, I have found it to be very helpful. I have taken your feedback and the wake up call system has been fixed. Along with more training for the front desk on where to place guest that request a certain area.
Kelli Mai

Reviewed 11 April 2013

The hotel was right next to Pizza Ranch, which has the best broasted chicken around. The room was very comfortable, pillows and bed were good. Temperature was easily adjusted. They had some kind of sweet Danish when I checked in. A nice touch, very tasty. The wireless Internet was spotty. I think that just kind of goes with the hotel business. Breakfast was nice, very clean, good variety, good coffee. I'm not giving it a perfect score because of the Internet.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the great review, it is always a pleasure to make a guest happy. You will be happy to know that we are in the process of having our internet upgraded. So the next time you come to visit us you should have no problem with it.
Kelli Mai