“Very nice hotel”

Candlewood Suites Emporia
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Emporia
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I have stayed here many times and I highly recommend this hotel!
There are many restaurants very close to the hotel.
Clean rooms, friendly staff, and very nicely decorated hotel. Everything looks new still and you will enjoy your stay!

The staff are excellent too, you won't have any issues that aren't solved right away!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Diane T, Manager at Candlewood Suites Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. It is always nice to hear when a guest stay was what they expected. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed only one night, but it was a very nice roomy 2 bed room with a kitchen area and desk. Nice bathroom. My friends and I will be returning to the flinthills again and will probably stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jo H
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We were on a recruiting visit to ESU with our son and stayed at Candlewood Suites. It was conveniently located, right off the highway, across from Walmart, several restaurants and minutes from Emporia State.
The room was clean, beds comfy, shower strong. The staff were very nice and accommodating. The only negatives were the funky smell in the room- still not sure what it was- and the heater malfunctioned, turning the heater/blower off/on continuously and keeping us up starting about 4am. We called the front desk who sent up maintenance and fixed it, but it was too late for a good slumber. Just one of those things that happens, not anyone's fault. Overall, nice stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Marla W, Manager at Candlewood Suites Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for the positive feedback! We enjoy working with ESU and hosting their guest, is an honor. We do hope to have you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed here a couple weeks on business and had a very pleasant experience . From the time I checked in the staff at the front desk was very helpful with all the local restaurants and anything else I needed help with . My room was cleaned as it was schedule with anything I needed in between times. Very nice room , great kitchen ,and an excellent staff makes this a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my two night stay at the Candlewood Suites. It was not luxurious, but very clean and functional. I found it much better than the HIE down the road. Kitchen was a real plus as was the small store.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stayed here on business for two nights only. The room was quiet, clean and very comfortable, especially the bed. Though not as spacious as other suite hotels I've stayed in, this wasn't bad at all. The oversize desk was a nice touch. I didn't take advantage of the extended stay features, such as the stove, dishwasher, or microwave (I didn't find the free microwave popcorn in the machine until someone in our party pointed it out to me), but since we were only there for such a short time, it didn't matter. The bathroom was a good size and shower was just great - lots of hot water when I needed it.

Minor issues - no breakfast (I know this is a feature of these hotels, but I didn't realize that until we checked in), the sink in the bathroom is a bit tall, making it a bit difficult to bend over the sink when brushing my teeth, and the internet was spotty on the second night (the first night seemed fine, but on the second night I couldn't get a strong enough wireless signal to even download email).

Overall, it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: You might ask at the desk to see if they can suggest a room location with better than average wirele...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
DianeTrofholz, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for the positive comments! We do hope that you will stay with us during your next trip to Emporia.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites for 5 days mid-July during a Kansas heatwave. I was there for a tournament. The room was clean, well suited for eat-in, cook-in living. The refrigerator was super cold a real plus because I needed to bring cold drinks to the outdoor tournament. I used the laundry facilities once. Though free, the washing machines are a little worse for wear. As was mentioned by others the rooms don't get cleaned regularly. They were not cleaned at all during my 5 day stay. I exchanged towels once. The room was quiet. The AC worked great. Great bed.

The Holiday Inn Express is a sister facility. Though they charged different rates/night the cost with taxes was almost identical.

Room Tip: Upper floor away from elevator and highway
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo