“Well worth getting off interstate!”
Review of House of MA

House of MA
Ranked #49 of 85 Restaurants in Emporia
Cuisines: Chinese
Oklahoma City
“Well worth getting off interstate!”
Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

Kung Po Chicken is making my ears burn. Hubby had sizzling soup which was so good I wanted to cry. If you're hungry, don't let the strip mall setting fool you. This is some GOOD food!

Illinois
“Nothing fancy, but tasty and friendly.”
Reviewed 26 December 2012

The wait staff is always helpful and friendly when we visit and we are allowed to make substitutions in our combo dinner meals until they are just right (without any complaint or comment - just a smile and an "of course").

I ALWAYS get one of the combo meals either number 1 or number 3... I just love the pork chow mein. My mom says that the lo mein is the best in town - I am not big on lo mein, so I take her word for it.

House of Ma is lacking in atmosphere - the seating is outdated, the lights are a bit dingy, and it feels a bit "empty"...

BUT don't discount it before sitting down and ordering some food; you'll be glad you stayed.

Visited November 2012
Shanghai, China
“Best Chinese Food Outside of China”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I am a native of Emporia who now resides in Shanghai; although I live there, I always look forward to coming home and eating absolutely delicious Chinese food. Try the egg rolls and beef wrapped in foil as an appetizer, and really give the seafood a try. The service is great, and this is an Emporia landmark. The original restaurant was downtown, where Bobby D's is now located; it was known then as New China Restaurant. You can eat "normal" Chinese food, or you can head to House of Ma and having something really special.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank elsalvaje
Kansas City, Kansas
“Good food, Great prices.......”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Probably the better of chinese food for the emporia area. Really good food.....

Visited April 2012
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Great food and service. I eat there frequently. They have a great lunch menu, that has very reasonable rates. The also have delicious egg rolls, the best that I've ever had anywhere.