“Good steaks and atmosphere”
Review of Montana Mike's Steakhouse - CLOSED

Montana Mike's Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Oklahoma
“Good steaks and atmosphere”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I travel through Kansas on a regular basis and sometimes I spend the night in Emporia. When I do Montana Mike's is where I usually find dinner. Last week I was on a solo trip and dropped in. Since I was solo I asked for a table where I could watch TV while I was there. They found me one where I could see 4 sets. Made the evening a little less boring. My steak was fixed the way I requested a d the sides were excellent. I will continue to eat there when I am in the vicinity.

• Visited April 2014
Sophia C, Manager at Montana Mike's Steakhouse, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you so much for your loyalty and for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We're happy to hear that you have consistently received attentive service and good food, and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are in town. Safe travels!

Minneapolis, MN
“A little spicy for our liking.”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We had the onion rings, ribs, and a sirloin steak. It seemed to us that the onion rings and ribs had had the same spices on them and too much of it for us. The sirloin steak was good as were the salads.

Visited January 2014
Higden, Arkansas
“Better than average”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This was one of the better MM i have ever eaten at . The staff was very prompt in seating me ,and my waitress was great . Even though i was alone I heard her explain all the 2for 20 specials to other tables she and the rest of the staff knew the entire menu . I had grilled fish ,steamed veggies and a salad all were very well prepared not just thrown on a plate . Overall a nice dinner.

Visited January 2014
Enid, Oklahoma
“Rather disappointing!”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My wife and I stopped here for a dinner on our way from Oklahoma to Kansas CIty. I had seen the signs and thought, why not? The server was attentive and I wish the food had been that good. My wife ordered a sirloin steak and when it arrived it looked grey... I had fish. It just tasted very plain. I do not know if the food was older or if it just was poorly prepared. I noticed some burgers on the way out and they looked delicious. Our baked potatoes were hot and fresh. The warm rolls were very good. I wish the entrees would have measure up to the quality of the rest of the meal.

• Visited December 2013
Forest Hill, Maryland
“Great value and food”
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and in were traveling through Kansas looking for a sit down place to eat. She saw a billboard for Montana Mike's and we decided to try it. We really enjoyed our meal there and recommend this place for traveler's.
We came on a Thursday night close to 7 and were seated right away. Haley was our waitress and was very friendly and she is a Chief's fan. On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday they have a $7.99 entree menu, and they also had a 2 for $20 and 2 for $25 menu every day. This provided a lot of very reasonable options. We went for the 2 for $20 option. This included an appetizer (we chose the fried zucchini and fried mushrooms), and an entree complete with a salad and side for both of us. My wife had the 6 oz sirloin, sautéed mushrooms as her side and a Caesar salad. My wife loved the Caesar salad - the lettuce was crispy and the salad was great. She also loved the steak and especially the sautéed button mushrooms. I had the beef sirloin tips, with green beans and a house salad. My salad was also good. The green beans were seasoned with bacon and very tasty. The sirloin tips were served with onions, peppers, gravy and served over rice. I enjoyed all of this. The only downside to the food was the fried zucchini. The fried mushrooms were good but the fried zucchini was mushy, which was disappointing.

While we were eating a guest at the bar wanted to order salmon cooked medium rare. The waitress mentioned that she was not allowed to put in an order for undercooked fish. The customer asked for the manager who politely explained the same thing. The customer raised his voice, argued and tried again and again to get his way, but both the waitress and manager were polite but firm. The customer finally left. We felt that the staff displayed a lot of professionalism in the way they handled that situation.

Overall this restaurant had very good food at a very reasonable price. The staff was friendly and professional. We highly recommend it.