Budget Host Inn Emporia
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleangreat pricingwould definitely stay here againice machinewi finon smokingin townfridgeshowersleepmoteltvinterstatecablepetconditionclerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Found this through one of the paper hotel coupon guides. Large, very clean room. Very quiet location, yet not far from interstate. Not many amenities like pool, or breakfast, but if you're not hung up on that, it's a great place. Great pricing; very reasonable pet fee.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lora J
Nirav P, General Manager at Budget Host Inn Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Lora J.

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful comments about your recent stay with us. We endeavor to give all our guests the best in service and accommodations and we appreciate your compliments. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

N Patel

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Easy off the highway near town. Clean, comfortable, good beds, and with a fridge. No frills. But ok because sometimes I just need a place to sleep for a good price. Nice staff. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I didn't need to be in Kansas City and pay city prices. So, if you are heading south of KC this would be an economical place to stay. Good bar BBQ in Emporia.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Simba2301
Nirav P, General Manager at Budget Host Inn Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you very much for the fantastic review! yes we do get guests often who is willing to drive extra to save. They are coming our way anyways so why not drive longer and save?

Thank you, see you soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Clean, essential, and friendly services in a 60's roadhouse motel fixed up to provide what you need for a quick stop or multiple trips to Emporia. I appreciate the limestone buildings and the layout of the whole place as well as the family who runs it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank MarjoSnyder
Nirav P, General Manager at Budget Host Inn Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear MarjoSnyder,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. It’s guests like you that make our jobs of providing the best in service, accommodations, amenities and facilities very rewarding. We really appreciate your compliments and look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the future.

Nirav Patel

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have stayed here many times when I visit a buddy of mine. I will tell you, for the price it is quite a deal, as long as you aren't too picky and don't mind no pool, breakfast, or a lot of that stuff.The staff have always been nice and accommodating. If you simply need a clean place to stay for a little money, this place is for you. If you are looking for something that has a lot of amenities I would recommend a more expensive venue. My only complaint would be that some of the non-smoking rooms still smell like smoke (to varying degrees, and my wife won't stay here because of that) but this is an old motel. Despite this, the rooms are CLEAN nonetheless. Either way, I would recommend this to anyone who needs a cheap, decent place to stay.

Room Tip: If you are worried about a room smelling to smoky, you might ask to see the room if you are able to do so.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Nirav P, General Manager at Budget Host Inn Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you Eric for your wonderful review! I will personally look into getting different kind of air fresher so the smell is not as bad.

Hopefully we can earn your wife's business as-well in future.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Well after reading the reviews last November I decided to try the Budget Host. Have been staying here 1 to 2 nights a weeks for the past 3 months and can confirm that it not only is a bargain but is a comfortable place to rest and relax. Management is caring and courteous and brings back memories of the "Mom and Pop" motels which dominated the country back in the 50's and 60's. A real plus for Emporia.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank jkcrwitt
Nirav P, Manager at Budget Host Inn Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise and Thank you for taking time to express your experience.
We really appreciate your business and thank you for staying with us, Hope to see you soon

Management