“This is why I use Tripadviser”

Budget Host Inn Emporia
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Emporia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I would normally stay at a mid-tier chain: Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Red Roof Inn, Hampton Inn, etc. But when I looked at the Emporia hotel ratings on Tripadvisor, the high ratings for this "budget" hotel stood out, so I decided to give it a try. The look of the place was very 1960's-style roadside motel. The price was very reasonable. Our room was clean, not too small, and had both a small fridge and a microwave. Most of those mid-tier competitors can not make the same claim. My wife wanted a hair dryer, and the friendly proprietor readily provided one. This old-fashioned motel met all our needs at a price that shames most competitors.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RedSand
Nirav P, General Manager at Budget Host Inn Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

I would like to thank you personally for trying us, most of travelers get bad impression because of how the building looks from outside. We do our best to provide service that fits your wallet, we also know its not the Ritz.

Thank you for supporting small/locally owned business!

see you soon,

There are newer reviews for Budget Host Inn Emporia

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I chose this motel based on the reviews I'd read on TripAdvisor. I was not disappointed. Although this motel is older, my room was large, clean, and comfy. Even has a mini-fridge and microwave. No frills, but for the price - it's a great value. Easy access too - right off the highway.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank bubbysmom77

Thank you very much for your kind words!

see you soon,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Room appeared to be clean and mostly updated. However, the bathroom smelled musty and the window was dirty and dusty and not locked. The curtain over the window was also missing one of the hangers so it hung askew. No blanket on bed and I don't like to use the bedspread in hotels, so I wore a sweater to bed. Location was good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MeredithMN
Nirav P, General Manager at Budget Host Inn Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you very much for your review! I will look into the problems you have mentioned.

We do have blankets in all of our rooms but they are in drawers because of hot summers, during cold winters we do arrange beds with blankets+bed spreads. Most of our guests just adjust AC to their liking of temperature.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Very close to interstate and the rooms are clean. Would definitely stay there again. Very good value for money. Ceck in is easy and everything is same floor. You park your car right in front of your room. Very convenient.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Monique K
Nirav P, General Manager at Budget Host Inn Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Monique K.

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful comments about your recent stay with us. We endeavor to give all our guests the best in service and accommodations and we appreciate your compliments. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

N Patel

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Found this through one of the paper hotel coupon guides. Large, very clean room. Very quiet location, yet not far from interstate. Not many amenities like pool, or breakfast, but if you're not hung up on that, it's a great place. Great pricing; very reasonable pet fee.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lora J
Nirav P, General Manager at Budget Host Inn Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Lora J.

N Patel

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Easy off the highway near town. Clean, comfortable, good beds, and with a fridge. No frills. But ok because sometimes I just need a place to sleep for a good price. Nice staff. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I didn't need to be in Kansas City and pay city prices. So, if you are heading south of KC this...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Simba2301
Nirav P, General Manager at Budget Host Inn Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you very much for the fantastic review! yes we do get guests often who is willing to drive extra to save. They are coming our way anyways so why not drive longer and save?

Thank you, see you soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Clean, essential, and friendly services in a 60's roadhouse motel fixed up to provide what you need for a quick stop or multiple trips to Emporia. I appreciate the limestone buildings and the layout of the whole place as well as the family who runs it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank MarjoSnyder
Nirav P, General Manager at Budget Host Inn Emporia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear MarjoSnyder,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. It’s guests like you that make our jobs of providing the best in service, accommodations, amenities and facilities very rewarding. We really appreciate your compliments and look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the future.