“Awesome Staff and One In Particular!!!”

Emporia Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Emporia Northwest
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Emporia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Jess C is why I will stay at this property again and again. She deserves a really good pay raise! Through no fault of my own, another hotel chain failed miserably on a 3 room reservation I had made nearly a year in advance 6 weeks prior to the busiest weekend in Emporia KS history...Dirty Kanza 2014. I went to the front desk, Jess was there and I explained what had happened. HI Express was of course sold out on that weekend too. She took my info and put me on the waiting list for not just one , but 3 rooms. Here's where she really shined, she tolerated my frequent calls and frequent drop ins to keep working for reservations, all with a smile. About two weeks before the event my phone rings and she has a room for me, two hours later another call with another room! I ended up cancelling the 3rd room, but have no doubt she would have called with yet another room for me. She went way out of her way for my friends and I and the entire staff was awesome that weekend. Oh did I mention, great property too!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Steve C
Kelli M, General Manager at Emporia Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Emporia Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Steve,
Thank you for your wonderful comments! I am sure Jess C will be excited to learn what great things our guest's have to say about her. Our number one goal is great customer service and it sounds like we delivered! I am glad you had such a great stay. We hope to welcome you back again to the brand new Holiday Inn Express Emporia Northwest.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Rooms were clean, comfortable, and noise kept at a minimum. Price was about what we expect from Holiday Inn Express. The Wifi worked well, and there were enough thirsty towels and large washcloths for the three of us.

We would stay there again for sure

Room Tip: No problem with any of the rooms-quiet and cool
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Kelli M, General Manager at Emporia Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Emporia Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Joan -
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at the new Holiday Inn Express Emporia Northwest! Our goal is to make your stay here great, with a relaxing, clean and comfortable room. We hope to welcome you back to Emporia soon!

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I travel quite a bit, but I do not write reviews at all, this stay I decided to because I was happily surprised, very clean, the staff was very cordial, the room was neat, and they were very accommodating. I highly recommend it, if I visit this town I will for sure stay here again!

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Carmen C
Kelli M, General Manager at Emporia Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Emporia Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Carmen,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! The staff of the brand new Holiday Inn Express Emporia KS certainly takes pride in our hotel and taking care of our guests. You are our top priority, and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel again soon!

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

A nice home away from home. Clean, new, great service. Breakfast was great and the cinnamon rolls were great. The location was perfectly placed across from Pizza Ranch. Also, a Starbucks close by. Ask for Heather; she will make you smile. Good job HIE.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Shella S
Kelli M, General Manager at Emporia Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Emporia Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

I am so happy that we were able to make you feel at home during your stay! Glad you enjoyed our breakfast and the great location. Heather is great, and I can't wait to show her your comments. We hope to welcome you back to our brand new Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Emporia, KS.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

When we arrived, Expedia had needed up out reservations. Heather made sure we got what we needed, and got everything squared away. She was the best part of our stay. I've never had a staff member that friendly before. We will definitely make sure to stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Lunchbox7s7
Kelli M, General Manager at Emporia Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Emporia Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you so much for your comments! So sorry to read that Expedia had your reservation messed up, but it sounds like Heather took great care of you. Our goal is to provide the best customer service, and we appreciate hearing that we have accomplished that. We look forward to welcoming you back to Emporia in the future!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is a new hotel which has been open a couple of months. It is very clean and neat. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. If they keep this hotel up as it is now I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone traveling through Emporia. As someone who can not stay in a hotel room that has ever had smoking or pets in it they were very accommodating to make sure that we got a room that had neither in it prior to our visit. The only good thing about their breakfast is their cinnamon rolls - the rest I could skip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank beachtravel56
Kelli M, General Manager at Emporia Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Emporia Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you so much for the great comments. Our staff's goal is to be the friendliest, most helpful staff in Emporia, and we love to hear this kind of feedback. Glad you enjoyed the cinnamon rolls and come see us again the next time you are in Emporia!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This review is for the brand new Holiday Inn Express that opened around Christmas. I believe it had been open for about a week before Christmas, 2013.

The hotel is located close to a lot of the places we needed to visit like Walmart, IHOP & Starbucks. It was clean and the hotel staff were very nice and accommodating! We also loved that they have allow dogs at a very reasonable rate! The rooms were very comfortable. Mattress, linens and pillows were all good quality. Hotel has a nice pool and small workout room as well as laundry.

We were very comfortable for our 4 night stay over Christmas. The coffee and cookies in the lobby in the evening was a nice touch. Thank you!

Dislikes:

The scrambled Eggs - Yuck!
Only 1 elevator
Shower curtain mounted too high.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Kelli M, General Manager at Emporia Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Emporia Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so excited to see that you really enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel during your future travels to Emporia.