“Good hotel choice in Emporia”

Emporia Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Emporia Northwest
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Emporia
Berkeley, California
“Good hotel choice in Emporia”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week on a recent business trip. The lobby and breakfast area were nicely decorated (modern) with a good layout. In fact, this looked like a fairly new hotel. My room was comfortable, clean, and quite. I was able to get a lot of work done while there. The only minor issue was that I ended up in a room with two Queen beds. The result was not a lot of space between the foot of the bed and the desk chair. I don't think this would be an issue in a King room. I will definitely stay here the next time I visit Emporia.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Kelli M, General Manager at Emporia Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Emporia Northwest, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for the wonderful comments! We love to hear when our guests have enjoyed the new, modern Holiday Inn Express Emporia Northwest. I am sorry you did not get the king bed you wanted while you were here. Hopefully we can welcome you back soon, and get you that big king bed next time you are here!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Oklahoma
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here for two main reasons. The indoor pool and the free breakfast. For the difference in price I think I could have stayed at a different hotel with an indoor pool and paid for breakfast somewhere else and still been better off. The pool is nice. The breakfast was ok. The rooms were nice and the property is new and clean. Staff are friendly. Just a little high priced for the market.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank masterjohnson
Kelli M, General Manager at Emporia Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Emporia Northwest, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review this hotel. I was glad to read that you enjoyed the clean, comfortable room, pool and breakfast during your stay. My staff will love to hear how friendly they are as well! I am sorry you feel that the hotel is priced too high. The hotel management makes every effort to price the rooms competitively with the other hotels in Emporia. Again, thank you for your review.
Geilenkirchen, Germany
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We chose this hotel based on TA reviews and it exceeded our expectations! The hotel is very modern and clean. I appreciated the clean fitness facility and the great breakfast. Heather was so helpful when we checked in. She went above and beyond to welcome us and make sure we had a wonderful stay. We will definitely be staying at this hotel every time we stop in Emporia.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank luv2trvl98
Kelli M, General Manager at Emporia Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Emporia Northwest, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
I am so pleased you had a wonderful stay in our new Holiday Inn Express Emporia Northwest! The new hotel is beautiful with a modern decor and a great staff. Heather will be thrilled to hear how happy you were with her customer service. Thank you so much! We hope to welcome you back soon.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 19 June 2014

If you ever find yourself in Emporia, this is definitely your best hotel option. I was recently there on business, and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is clean and modern, with an updated lobby and rooms. The complimentary breakfast offered a decent selection. And the property is conveniently located near a few chain restaurants. My only complaint was that the gym was disappointingly small, but I was kind of expecting that to be the case. That being said, I will definitely stay here again, if I'm back in Emporia.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Stacey S
Kelli M, General Manager at Emporia Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Emporia Northwest, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you so much for your great comments! I am glad you enjoyed staying at the new Holiday Inn Express Emporia Northwest with a modern look, great location, and comfortable clean rooms. I apologize that the fitness center did not meet your needs. Again, thank you and we hope to see you soon.
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Great stay. Rooms were clean and very neat. Bed was super comfortable and room was quiet. Breakfast was ok, basics as any other continental breakfast hotel. The hotel is very clean throughout and very modern looking. The only cons is that when we checked in around 10pm, the front desk guy didn't tell us they put a hold on you account and it will take 5 days to clear. I had to call back and ask about it once I was back at home. Other than that it was great. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Eliza P
Kelli M, General Manager at Emporia Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Emporia Northwest, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Eliza -
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at our new Holiday Inn Express Emporia Northwest Hotel. Happy to read that you had a clean, comfortable room and a good breakfast in the morning. I apologize about the hold on your credit card. Upon check out, the hotel immediately releases any authorizations on your card. At that point it is dependent upon your issuing bank to release the money back to your account. Unfortunately this can vary per bank and is out of the hotel's control. Again, thank you for staying with us and I hope we can welcome you back to Emporia soon!
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Jess C is why I will stay at this property again and again. She deserves a really good pay raise! Through no fault of my own, another hotel chain failed miserably on a 3 room reservation I had made nearly a year in advance 6 weeks prior to the busiest weekend in Emporia KS history...Dirty Kanza 2014. I went to the front desk, Jess was there and I explained what had happened. HI Express was of course sold out on that weekend too. She took my info and put me on the waiting list for not just one , but 3 rooms. Here's where she really shined, she tolerated my frequent calls and frequent drop ins to keep working for reservations, all with a smile. About two weeks before the event my phone rings and she has a room for me, two hours later another call with another room! I ended up cancelling the 3rd room, but have no doubt she would have called with yet another room for me. She went way out of her way for my friends and I and the entire staff was awesome that weekend. Oh did I mention, great property too!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Steve C
Kelli M, General Manager at Emporia Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Emporia Northwest, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Steve,
Thank you for your wonderful comments! I am sure Jess C will be excited to learn what great things our guest's have to say about her. Our number one goal is great customer service and it sounds like we delivered! I am glad you had such a great stay. We hope to welcome you back again to the brand new Holiday Inn Express Emporia Northwest.
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Rooms were clean, comfortable, and noise kept at a minimum. Price was about what we expect from Holiday Inn Express. The Wifi worked well, and there were enough thirsty towels and large washcloths for the three of us.

We would stay there again for sure

Room Tip: No problem with any of the rooms-quiet and cool