“Perfect way to spend an afternoon” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Historic Downtown Emporia

Fayetteville, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Perfect way to spend an afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was visiting Flint Hills Tech in Emporia for work and needed some sight seeing in Emporia. I had eaten breakfast at a place on Commercial Street (Downtown) and noticed all the cute boutiques so I went back later to do some shopping. There are so many unique, awesome stores on Commercial street you will LOVE walking around downtown for an afternoon. I visited Junque Drawer, Studio 11 Boutique which turned out to be my two favorites. As I kept walking there is a great Antiques Mall (Pohlers I believe) that is fantastic as well! The buildings are historic and you have plenty of eating options as well. I ended my day walking towards an old theater and then saw Sweet Granda and HAD to check it out. We are talking AMAZING gourmet chocolates!!! The French Vanilla and Malt Balls were by far my favorite treat of the day!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank crahrens

Emporia, Kansas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fun stroll, good food, cute shops”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Emporia's downtown has come back to life! Awesome mexican restaurant, coffee and sandwich shops, chocolate shop, irish pub, beautiful historic buildings and theatre, arts center, antique stores, and many cute boutiques all along Commerical Street, with Emporia State campus on the north end. The new Radius Brewery is just one block over on Merchant. Great to area to stroll and grab a bite or a drink, or do some shopping.

Visited April 2014