Avaste Hotel Suites & Conference Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsholiday innother guestsexercise roombreakfast roomgreat place to stayramada
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Skipped continental breakfast first day, didn't even try second. Training from food handlers permit warned us away. Room was mediocre with some mold showing in bath corners. Room service was not complete but adequate. Pool was good. Needs upgrade, but would serve as one night crash pad for price. Cheaper/better on other side of town, but no pool. You choose.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
ksenanayake, General Manager at Avaste Hotel Suites & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Cybernuke,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out your review. I apologize for the issues you had with breakfast, the pool, and room service. I would like you to know that we are under new management and I can assure you these issues have been corrected. We do have new staff in place, and want to educate future guests that we do not have room service anymore. I apologize once again for the issues you encountered and would like the opportunity to be able to impress you on your next visit to Emporia.

Kap

Reviewed 10 June 2013

My family and I were in Emporia for a family reunion . We had three rooms reserved . Wish we had read the reviews/ comments before making the reservations . The rooms were old , smelly and dirty . The beds , hard and lumpy and the pillows were jokes , thin as pancakes . Carpet was nasty and ancient. You did not want to be bare foot and walking on that carpet . Tiny bathroom with a old and cracked toilet seat . Leaking drainage pipes around the pool area , with puddles of slimy water . Card keys wouldn't work ( for two of the three rooms) . We stayed for two nights , our room didn't get made up on the second day , not even a trash can in the room . Cracked walls , peeling paint . Birds had built nests in the alarm bells on the outside walls. The night manager , a female , said she needed to find a new job because the place was a pit . I read on this site, that
the hotel was under new management and renovations were being made , but the dates on those comments were two years ago. They must have decided against the renovations ? The best thing about this place , was leaving it. "Spangles " restaurant next door was a treat , good burgers and Ice Cream .

This is the first time that I have written a review on a hotel , it's the condition of the place that prompted me to do so.

Avoid at all costs . Sleeping in your car is a better option . I can't fully put into words how icky the Guest House inn truly was.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I have modest expectations when using lower-priced hotels, but this place was appalling. The place was almost empty when we arrived, and that should have been a warning. I'd made a reservation by phone the day before, but the desk clerk had no record of it, and I had not received the email confirmation that I'd requested. The room we were assigned was dirty. One of the room keys didn't work, the refrigerator didn't work, and the door wouldn't close properly. There was no drain in the tub. The outlet behind the refrigerator was dangerous-looking, and when we tried to move the refrigerator to a different outlet, we found some kind of crumbly looking stuff (roach bait? old cereal? both?) underneath it. The doors were stained, the tiles broken in the bathroom. Avoid avoid avoid.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We were coming back from texas. Due to bad weather, we stayed at Guesthouse inn. I believe, it is undergoing renovation and management change. We had hot breakfast in the morning. Clean rooms and I was able to finish my work for next day's meeting. V

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2013

It was an okay motel to stay. Room service was not that good but staff was really helpful and nice. Overall, it's a good place to stay for the price. We had some problem with the heating first but then it was fixed.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business