“Worst meal of 30 day road trip” 3 of 5 bubbles

LoneStar Steakhouse
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst meal of 30 day road trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Colton,our server was nice but very inexperienced. The steaks were awful and expensive.. The beef was standard NOT choice , had an odor that reminded us of smoke from crossties and was tough!! We did not read tripadvisor!!! Shame on us..( Every review has been right on)

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jspelt

• Korean first
Ellicott City
“It's OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

The restaurant does not equal other Lone Star's where I have dined. Not bad just not up to what I expected from Lone Star

Visited September 2013
Garden City, Kansas
“Bad steaks in the heart of cattle country”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I've sent every rib eye back at least once here. The majority of the time, the meat smells and/or taste tainted-either old or improperly stored. Steaks are cooked perfectly-as long as you like yours well done and tough as leather! I had to send my last steak back 2 times for being overcooked. Overrun with young wait staff, yet they are unable to get the table order correct, often with a long wait time. Lone Star is expensive, so take lots of cash and leave your taste buds at home-you won't want to taste this food!

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mark M
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“So-so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

The booths left us sitting too far from the table and we tried several. Food was okay, probably not too healthy and rather salty. Taste was okay. LoneStar is lucky that there are few decent restaurants in town.

Visited July 2013
Garden City, Kansas, United States
“One of the most inconsistent places to eat.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. Unfortunately, that's been it's reputation for as long as its been in Garden City. When I go to a steakhouse, I assume they can cook my steak correctly. Yet I am hard pressed to remember when I was ever served a medium rare steak correctly on the first try. Service is really inconsistent too as sometimes my salad arrives before my meal and sometimes it doesn't. I really wish I could write a better review but I have given this place many chances. I've also complained to a manager when I do not like something but it doesn't seem to change the outcome for my next visit.

• Visited April 2013