“Clean, safe, friendly staff.”
Review of Garden City Inn

Garden City Inn
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Garden City
Kansas City
“Clean, safe, friendly staff.”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We moved our daughter to Garden City, and stayed at this hotel. It was clean, had a nice indoor pool and spa. Lots of parking. We felt safe as the exterior doors are all locked at night. Continental breakfast was fine--drinks, donuts, cereal, fruit and toast. The rooms had microwave, small fridge and coffee maker. All in all, this hotel was fine for sleeping overnight. It is a bit older than the chain hotels on the east side of town, but it suited our purpose. The price was very good, and they even discounted for AARP after we arrived. Garden City is not very big, so even if you have plans for another part of the city, it will only take you 10-15 minutes to drive all the way across town. The chain hotels were 40-50.00 more per night. There is a McDonalds across the street, and various small restaurants within 2-3 blocks. A/C was cold and not too noisey.

Room Tip: We stayed in the first room off the lobby, first floor, and never heard a noise all night.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank TipperKansasCity

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Winfield, Kansas
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I cannot comment about the quality or the facilities of either of these motels because they overbooked. We traveled from the other side of Kansas having reserved and notified them that we would be checking in late. On the day of the reservation, we called about 30 minutes before our arrival to find out they had given our room to the people previously in the room the night before that extended their stay without even calling us. The owner offered to send us to their sister much lower quality motel at the same rate, 4 miles separate from our team, with no pool, and no compensation for our troubles or offer to help find or cover the difference at another hotel. We found out the next day that another family in our party received the same treatment. All in all they wanted us to stay in a lower budget room/motel for the same price separate from our party with no apology or offer to compensate us or find us another room in town. Sorry, but this is not good customer service.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike H
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This hotel is a great family run hotel, not a chain. You will find it to be very clean, big rooms, plenty of hot water, comfortable bed, and great staff. They have a nice indoor pool, plenty of room to park you vehicle. There are places to eat close, which can be walked too without issue. Garden City Inn should be on your short list to stay in Garden City.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Growing up in SW Kansas, I remembered seeing the Garden City Inn being built. Everytime I've driven by I thought to myself that it looked like a nice hotel. And I wasn't disappointed at my first stay here. It's as nice as any chain hotel and for a much less expensive rate. For me, the location is perfect as my parents live just west of Garden City. It's very quiet and we got a wonderful night's sleep. I plan on staying here everytime I go back to SW Kansas!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank abutler14
Peyton
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We tried the newer hotels and way too expensive. This hotel was very clean and well maintained. The room was spacious with micro and frig and recliner. Bed was comfortable. Good nights stay for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ladybowler601
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 7 January 2012

As a trucker who lives in Myrtle Beach, S.C. and knows very well how different places to stay can vary. You can't always judge a book by it's cover because some newer hotels are easily discovered to be not very clean or make you feel as though they are doing you a favor, letting you stay there! My stay at Garden City Inn was excellent in several aspects; friendly informative service, super clean throughout the entire complex and easy access with more than ample parking. Did I mention clean?! The bonus to this is their unbelievable affordable rates! I would have never believed that I got what I got at the rate that I was given if it had been handled over the phone. I would have figured it to be below average. It was EXCELLENT!

Room Tip: Backside room was very quiet
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business