“Hilton with a Comfort Inn sign”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Garden City
Reviewed 30 September 2012

These folks put the care in customer service. It is great to see a place that reinvests the profit back into the property & people. Good people don't just happen - just as a good breakfast room doesn't just happen - It's planning - executing - on going training. This is the place to stay in Garden -- but call ahead as they are a full house most nights.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank John H
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed 16 August 2012

This is a fairly new hotel and right off the main highway. The location is good and easy to get in and out of (unless turning left out of the parking lot). OK, so Garden City smells due to the local meat industry. The hotel can't do anything about that but they can affect how my room smelled. It's was a musty odor that wasn't coming from the air conditioner. I would suggest they shampoo the carpets and wipe the walls to help. Other than that, the room was OK. I guess for Garden City, it's not a bad option.

The front counter staff was nice and check-in/check-out was easy and efficient.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I travel to GC to see family (yes I have tried to get them to move) and have stayed elsewhere in town. I whad a few trepidations at first but the experience was ok. First dislikes, the A/C was set very warm when I arrived and it was 100+ outside so it took a while to cool off, the fridge was turned off so that also took a long time to cool off. Traveling with family we had two rooms booked and my second of two visits in the same week one of the rooms had someone in it when we opened the door. He was a nice old man and all but I hadn’t planned on making new friends. The gent at the front desk was apologetic and “upgraded” me, I’m not sure how much of an upgrade it was considering the kids now had to sleep on a pull out sofa bed instead of the second queen bed I booked. Also, for me, the coffee sucked. Yes it is nice to have it available but it is some sort of concentrate not actual brewed coffee. Never did visit the pool but it looked nice and all. I did like the evening bar situation. My wife stayed upstairs and let me run off after the 10 hour drive so I sat down in the lobby and enjoyed a couple $2 beers, yes $2! The breakfast was there, nothing to say either way, not bad but nothing nobody else doesn’t do. Also I’m not 100% sure on this but I think the hotel had someone in the lot washing all the car windows, if so thanks. Bottom line I will consider using the hotel again but that’s only as long as the price stays lower than the one on the other side of the highway.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Clean is the most important thing! Very friendly front desk clerk checked us in. Good complimentary breakfast in the morning. Loved the added touch of the little yellow rubber ducky on the tub - which we were given! Pretty quiet, too. Good location to a few restaurants. Good value.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Our room was nice. It was clean. It had a very strong fragrance but we turned on the air conditioner and went out for a while. It was okay when we returned. We had a good breakfast.

I would stay here again. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Stayed here recently for business as my first preference the Clarion was fully booked.

The staff were all incredibly attentive and helpful and there is a real feeling that the management and staff are really trying that little bit harder.

Nothing seemed like too much trouble.

Example: I witnessed a member of the cleaning staff cleaning all the windshields and lights of every customers vehicle in the parking lot at 06:30am. There was complmentary snacks laid out every evening as well as tea coffee water and iced tea in the lobby.

Rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable.

Free Fast WiFi

Would stay here again

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I wish that I could get as enthused about this hotel as other reviewers, but it didn't appear to be anything more than average to me. The rubber ducky and the evening snack were nice touches, but I would gladly have traded them for: 1) A window that didn't make noise whenever a strong gust of wind came along, 2) A clothes dryer that was out of earshot, instead of just down the hall running with something rattling inside the drum, 3) A bathtub that didn't look like it might have been bought at a Holiday Inn going-out-of-business auction about 20 years ago, 4) A refrigerator that was turned on when we entered the room, instead of having to wait for it to cool down after we arrived, and 5) A wi-fi system that didn't require a login every few minutes. To top it off, this was the second highest-priced Choice Hotel property out of five that we stayed in on this trip. And the lower-priced ones were actually nicer than this one. It is not a bad place, and I would might stay there again. But it didn't rate a higher-than-average score.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family