Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Garden City
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Garden City
Denver, Colorado
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Very clean and comfortable hotel. The room was clean, well lit, with comfortable beds. The bathroom was clean with a hot shower and good water pressure (a must). The staff was professional and very friendly. The breakfast area was clean with a great selection. The only issue I had was the folded prepared cheesy eggs were brown. But the chocolate milk made up for it. I will be back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jvboyle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I recently changed to Holiday Inn chains as a reliable alternative to Choice Privileges hotels, that gave me a run-around for rewards points- so I no longer choose to stay with them during my business travels. The IHG is much more friendly, as are getting your rewards points. The booking was easy. When I arrived; the Front Desk Attendant must have been new, because she had a little difficulty finding my reservation under my name- why, I do not know. It was smooth sailing after a quick hiccup. I did not find any bellhop dollies, so I trucked my stuff up the stairs. The suite was pretty spacious and typical updated décor for the HI chain. The HVAC was already on (which it isn't in so many other chains), so I could immediately power down and be comfortable watching Fox News before dozing off. The bed was one of the 'springiest' beds that I have seen in some time- I kinda' hopped into bed with my rear end and ended up on the other side of the bed- but not the pokey kind of springs; it was a nice 'cushioned' rest that I woke from refreshed. With all the room with the bed, couch, and desk; I knew something had to give, and that it did in the bathroom. I am not a large man by any account, but I felt cramped while using the toilet with the nice granite sink knocking my elbows on one side and shower curtain on the other. The sink was lower than most too- me being a little over six foot tall. The first morning the breakfast bar had quite the variety array, but those bag-boiled eggs that I hate; which they replaced the next morning with the cheese omelets that I love; pretty good fruit, bagels, cereal, yogurt, and donuts along with many hot items such as biscuits and gravy. I did not see the workout facility or the pool to comment on; and the layout of the hotel was easy enough. The physical location of the hotel was a hassle at first, since my GPS told me to throw the truck into 4WD up a hill from the Mall in back to get there; but eventually drove around the block to find it.

Room Tip: West-side (higher numbers), away from the bypass noise; front-side (even numbers) for a better view...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Ogallala
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Entered lobby late at night to find a party of sorts going on in the lobby. Maybe hotel employees? No one at the front desk and waited several minutes feeling uncomfortable. Room was fine but business center was unwelcoming and not enjoyable. Bed was comfortable. Employees were helpful enough, just not very friendly or forthcoming. Overall, I did not enjoy the stay and would not stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Garden City, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear likeitnice72,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Garden City, Kansas
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The carpets are Filthy, Dirty. The rooms need a deep cleaning, especially the carpets. The couch and chairs in the room are filthy too. I had to place clean towels on the furniture just to sit on them. The one positive part is the staff. They are very friendly and professional and always ready to help.

Room Tip: Find a newer hotel and please be quiet in the hallways so that you don't disturb others with you...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Lisa Maria B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Garden City, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear T M,

I would like to thank you for taking time out to review your stay. I do apologize about the inconvenience of the cleanliness during your stay, in which we are in the process of deep cleaning right at this moment. We take pride in our staff and hotel cleanliness. I would like to further investigate the issues of your stay. So please contact the hotel at your earliest convenience.
620-275-5900

Thank you & have a happy holidays!

Travellers are raving about these Garden City hotels

Nakskov, Denmark
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We got a friendly welcome but with a high-speed almost automated speech typical of the young generation. Another guest had to direct us to the elevator.
Nice room with all amenities, except a fridge. Excellent bed linen, but in the normal American style that tends to fall apart in the middle of the night.
The internet did not function, and it was difficult to communicate with the high-speed receptionist. Maybe it was his first encounter with foreign, yet english-speaking tourists?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ellicott City
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Nice place to stay, clean and mostly quiet. The you can see the interstate from your room. The staff is very helpful and if you ask they make it happen. Good value for the dollar. The breakfast bar is nice and they have free coffee available. When I checked in I was offered bottled water or a soft drink to take to my room

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Fairview, Oklahoma
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We took off on a motorcycle trip and Garden City was a great location to stop over. We used our Rewards Points to stay at the Holiday Inn Express one night going and coming. The desk clerk was extremely helpful and friendly upon our first check in. We had tried to book on-line for our return stay. The Clerk put us in touch with his Manager that was then able to accomodate our request. Everything about both our stays was top notch and we were very pleased to have such great service.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple