“Very nice place with a few exceptions”

Clarion Inn Garden City
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Garden City
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at this property over Memorial Day weekend. I would definitely come back here during my next stay in Garden City. The hotel is in a great location just inside the bypass. It is very clean and in good shape. The service was very good as well. It is very quiet as well. While everything is clean and in good shape the decorum is a bit dated. It has a very old look. The bathrooms are rather small. Those are my two concerns that keep it from getting an excellent rating.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Samys_Steakhouse, Manager at Clarion Inn Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Hello Mike C,

Thank you for your recent review of the Garden City Clarion Inn! We appreciate your thoughts on your stay and are happy you chose to stay with us. We hope to see you next time you are in Garden City!

Clarion Inn Management and Staff!

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I'll admit that I wasn't expecting greatness in a Garden City hotel, but I was impressed with the Clarion. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was comfortable. The meeting rooms were well-suited for our meeting. Hotel has free wifi and the rate included evening refreshments and breakfast. Will stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert M
Samys_Steakhouse, General Manager at Clarion Inn Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Hello Robert,

Thank you for the great review! We love to hear comments from hotel guests, especially seasoned Trip Advisor users. We are happy so glad you had a nice stay and found all our amenities We hope to see you again, very soon!

Clarion Inn and Conference Center Hospitality Staff

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stay here often when out of town for work. Very clean and neat rooms. Very comfortable beds, hard to get out of in the morning. Complimentary drinks in the evening. Very good bar and grill on site and very nice hot breakfast complimentary. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ontheroadlots2014
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Plesant accomodations, very good dining. Large King size bed granted me a relaxing night's sleep. I was traveling on business, the central locaiton of the hotel was very accomodating for my appointments. Armo Samy, General Manager, greeted me personally and made my stay quite worthwhile!
Larry Wheeler

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Larry W
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Got stuck in Garden City for the night due to weather (flying). Clarion offered a cheap rate when we first arrived but then increased it by $10 when we got the final bill. Still not a big deal.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Coffee in the lobby was definitely nice to have. Didn't really check out the pool during the one night stay.

There was a bit of noise from the hallway due to kids running around.

The breakfast in the morning was decent, but nothing to write home about.

The friendly staff went out of their way to drive us to the airport again in the morning on short notice. Very much appreciated.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Great Hotel. We were traveling and encountered automobile problems. Linda at the front desk helped us by giving us a late checkout time. She made a stressful situation much better! The hotel had great amenities. They also warmly welcomed our Golden Retriever "Ike". Thanks Linda!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2013

You can tell from the exterior of the hotel that this hotel was built in Michael Jackson's hay days; but with that said, they have done a heck of a job keeping everything updated and pertinent to today's needs. The setup is great for entertainment with two floors of 'wings', Samy's is a great restaurant at the west end entrance, and the pool and spa area being in the 'atrium' portion at the corner of the wings (there are no skylights though). With stucco wall treatments, light treatments, and marble counters; they have done a good job of updating on a budget. The carpet was comfy and the bed was adequate- although I was so exhausted both nights that I couldn't tell you in depth analysis. The bathroom was small and a bit cramped with 8 ft ceilings and my tub was not cleaned to the highest standards (hair). The breakfast bar was probably the best I've ever started my day with, complete with fresh fruit and cereal bar, real eggs, bacon or sausage links, with biscuits and gravy. I will stay here again, as my business to Garden City necessitates.

Room Tip: The atrium rooms have a glass door on them, opening to the pool, spa and workout area; so if you wan...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 16 in Garden City
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Garden City

Been to Clarion Inn Garden City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Clarion Inn Garden City

Address: 1911 E Kansas Ave, Garden City, KS 67846-6240 (Formerly Garden City Plaza Inn)
Region: United States > Kansas > Garden City
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Garden City
Price Range: £64 - £97 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Clarion Inn Garden City 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Clarion Inn Garden City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Clarion Inn Garden City Hotel Garden City