“The walls are paper thin.”

Garnett Inn Suites & RV Park
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Garnett
Garnett Inn Suites & RV Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Garnett
Reviewed 16 February 2011

This place never had much to recommend it other than the fact that it was relatively new and relatively clean. It's on a bare lot off the highway. Looked desolate. The night lady was pretty friendly when we checked in, so that was a plus. She informed me that wireless probably wouldn't work in my room and gave me a cable to use.

The following morning my neighbor turned his TV on at full blast at 5:50. I tried calling the front desk (four times) to see if they could talk to him but kept getting a busy signal. His TV was so loud it sounded like it was in my room.

Got home from work on night two and decided to check some email. When I tried the cable I got nothing and I called the front desk. They said I should come down and sit in the lobby where the wireless signal would be stronger. When I turned on my wireless radio I found I was able to pull a decent signal in my room after all. Unfortunately the internet was slow as molasses.

Got home from work on night three and my water bottle was missing. Called down to the front desk and they told me the cleaning girl thought it was trash. I guess the thing that pushed me over the edge was that they didn't even have the decency to apologize for throwing away something of mine. That just makes me very angry. I can understand the mistake if they could just say 'gosh, we're sorry.' I really liked that water bottle, otherwise I wouldn't have called down about it.

Maybe I'm a lot different from other people, but I don't want housekeeping to touch anything in my room other than the linens and trash. If I leave something on my desk they should leave it there, whether it looks like trash to them or not. If I want it out of my room I know where the trash can is.

Too many little things wrong and the ridiculously thin walls are enough for me to cross this one off my list.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank alwayssummer82

Reviewed 3 December 2010

OUr group has been staying at this hotel the same weeks every year for 4+ years. We made reservations in the summertime for the stay this November-December. They called us begining of November and told us they overbooked. Come to find out, at another hotel we stayed at across town, which by the way is just as nice for a lot cheaper price, there were alot of groups who they had done the same thing to. Reason being is a hunting outfitter came in and needed the rooms, so they gave their loyal, returning customers the boot, to make a little bit more money. I would strongly agvise against this hotel, or they will do the same to you. I even had to call the owner, at his office, and file a complaint. Not a proffessionally ran hotel, stay away.

• Stayed: December 2010
4  Thank rmabus17
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Have stayed at this hotel several times in the past while visiting family. It is small, clean and normally very friendly staff. However, this time the stay was the worst ever. A group of girls came in about 2:05 am drunk and loud in the room next door and disturbed the entire floor. The night attendant was called (who was off property) and talked to the lousy drunk girls at least twice. They did not quick laughing and talking loudly and pounding our door until over an hour and half later, then they awakened 2 hours later to start their departure. I am sorry, but regardless if they paid upfront, refund their money and make them leave... at the expense of losing one fee verses disturibing several other guests who may or may not be coming back verses a bachelorette party gone awry. Please, a hotel is a place to sleep, not party. When complaints were made to the am clerk, he was not friendly or apologetic and appeared to be agitated and stressed about the complaints. Also, this time, the breakfast was skimpy and they no longer accept checks. Maybe a new owner, if so, it is for the worst. I will not stay here again and I will not recommend this hotel to anyone who wants sleep. There was no kleenex in the room and the beds are hard as rocks, which I was willing to put up with for good service and a quiet place to sleep.. Clearly the morale of the staff is affected by a loud guest generating complaints from the other guests. I should have called the police. Hotel is clean-but the traffic noise is loud. If you are caught in a blizzard and need a roof over your head, this will suffice, but it's not worth the money they charge. I saw a lot of RV's in the back, I would say it is good for that.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank galpalBrokenArrowOK
Reviewed 1 February 2009

We stayed one night at this motel. It is in the city limits of Garnett on highway 169. This is a two story motel that is about 3 years old. It is well maintained. In the grounds behind the motel is a small RV park. The motel also has a lounge that is open during the evenings.

Our standard room was equipped with a queen size bed, microwave oven, and small refrigerator. Our room was in the back of the motel. A friend stayed in a room in the front and told us they heard noise from the semi-trucks traveling on highway 169. So, you may want to request a room in the back side for a more quiet stay.

The staff at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. Our stay also included a continental breakfast. It included hot and cold cereals, muffins and pastries, juice, milk, and coffee. The coffee drinkers of our group loved the coffee. The hospitality room was very clean.

I would definitely stay at this motel again.

Pros
+ Clean
+ Comfortable bed
+ Cable TV
+ Friendly and helpful staff

Cons
- Truck noise from highway

• Stayed: January 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank Guy_From_Normal

Been to Garnett Inn Suites & RV Park? Share your experiences!