“Great Stay”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Great Bend
Manhattan, Kansas
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Clean, comfortable rooms. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Located near numerous restaurants. Great Wifi and excellent breakfast. The hotel is also in the process of adding an elevator!!!! Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank traveler123310

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I stayed here for a funeral and the service was just EXCELLENT. We got there and the front desk clerk was so nice. We arrived there early and our room wasn't ready so she switched me to a room just like it without any trouble. When we got back from the funeral the room was nicely cleaned and beds made. Maid service was great. Breakfast the next morning was perfect. There was fresh bacon and eggs omelets and everything you needed. I enjoyed my stay and i would stay at this hotel again if i'm ever in town. Only problem is location but they cant very well help that.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jamie m
Alycia M, Manager at Comfort Inn Great Bend, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Jamie M we wanted to thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review and we are glad to hear that everything was good at the hotel while you stayed with us. I'm sorry the reason you had to come down was for a funeral the staff at the hotel send there regards.
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Perfect place and location. Loved the 42" tv and specially the hot breakfast. Comfortable beds and the Internet was fast.

It's nice to have an elevator. The staff is great and very helpfull.

Best place to stay in great bend.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Sam987
Reviewed 1 August 2012

They gave us the wrong room after we was there for 3 hours. We took shoers and ate on beds. Went for a quick smoke to come to our stuff in the hallway. Our purses, wallets & electronics werw in plan veiw for anyone to steal. After I called corporate office, the manager called me a liar and said I gave them the wrong room. I do not reccommend this hotel. I reccommend the best western. This place is a joke. No phone's or smoke alarms. Don't risk your family.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank labranche27
Del City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I reserved 2 rooms weeks in advance. After checking in, my daughters, unpacked, showered, ate in their beds & then went outside for awhile to smoke & let my granddaughter play. Upon returning, someone else was in their room & all their stuff was piled up in the hallway. Purses, car keys, cell phones & laptops were in full view for anyone to steal! They went downstairs & the desk clerk said she had given them the wrong room & moved them 4 doors down to an identical room. The next a.m. I went down & told the desk clerk what happened. She was very apologetic & offered to give me a refund but since I booked thru a travel site I would need to go thru them, which I did. When they contacted the manger he said I was not getting a refund cause my "girls were taken care of". My daughter called corporate. The manager told them she was lying. None of this happened. Daughter called the hotel but was told manger was busy. Shortly an Iranian woman called & yelled at my daughter saying she was lying! These Iranians are only after your money! They do not care about you! STAY AWAY!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jackie S
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We stopped here on a family road trip last week. The service at the front desk was EXCELLENT. She even set up the roll away cot prior to our 10 pm arrival. When we got there, the front desk clerk recognized me immediately from my phone call earlier in the day and even called us in the room to check on our accommodations. Top notch customer service.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Merida, Yucatan
Reviewed 2 July 2012

MY brother recommended this place as the best place to stay in Great Bend. I reserved online, prepaid and got a good discount.

The receptionist was new and a little confused about the prepaid res but she was very nice and got me situated. There is no elevator. It is only a 2-story building. If you got lots of luggage to haul or climbing stairs is difficult for you - that could be a pain. I didn't mind.

Spacious, clean room. Well equipped with a fridge, microwave, desk, flat screen, iron board and iron, queen size bed, A/C, coffee maker, easy chair and ottoman. Decent size bath, good pressure and easy to control water temps.

The hotel also has a coin-op laundry, small exercise room and a plunge pool. There is a large gym, located about a half a block away, that allows walk-ins.

A Continental Breakfast is included in the rate. It provides fresh fruit, bagels, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cereal, juices, coffee & tea.

Dependable and fast wifi internet is available throughout the hotel. Easy to log into!

I recommend and would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
#1 of 3 in Larned
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 8 in Great Bend

Been to Comfort Inn Great Bend? Share your experiences!