“Best of what's available in Great Bend.”

Comfort Inn Great Bend
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Great Bend
“Best of what's available in Great Bend.”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We have family in this area so come out often. Have stayed at most of the hotels here and this is by far and consistently the best.
Rooms are comfy and clean. Pool is delightful and lobby nice.
It is more expensive than the others but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2013
Alycia M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Great Bend, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
We want to thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are glad you had a wonderful stay and look forward to seeing you again when you come back down.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Arkansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 25 May 2013

this is the best place to stay in great bend ks. the room was very clean, the bed was great, the rates were reasonable, and the breakfast had many choices. the staff was more than willing to go out of their way to help us with any request. this is the only place that we will stay when in great bend. although we were not on the 2nd floor, there is an elevator.

Room Tip: i have only stayed on the first floor, but it was very quiet and close to breakfast, exercise room a...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Alycia M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Great Bend, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
We wanted to thank your for taking time to fill out a review on how your stay was. We are glad that you had a great stay and look forward to having you come back again and stay with us.

Office Manager.
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed 25 May 2013

The service was great, rooms are clean and modern, fast wifi, and good breakfast. Love the complimentary chocolate chip cookies. Location is close to restaurants and shopping. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Our experience has more to do with the trust you place in hotel staff. My daughter and granddaughter stayed in the Comfort Inn in Great Bend this past Saturday night (5/11/13) they were in town for my nieces' graduation. They checked out in a hurry because no one informed them of the check-out time so they were past 11 and needed to hurry. They discovered they had left my granddaughters dress in the closet of the hotel room so I returned there to retrieve it. To my great disappointment the dress was not there. The maid claimed that she did not find it when she cleaned the room and the desk clerk even went back to the room and searched but did not find it. I will never stay there again nor will I recommend this to anyone I know. My place of business uses this hotel and I am recommending we find an alternate place. It is sad that you cannot trust people but I have lost all faith in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Maryk2112
Alycia M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Great Bend, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Upon reviewing the security tapes at are premises on the day you checked out there was no one on my staff who found or took a green dress. If you would like we would like to review the tapes with you. Upon hiring my staff there is a background check done on each employee.

Sincerely ,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I am a consultant, who spent 3 nights per week in this hotel from Jan. 2013-April 2013. This is the nicest place to stay in Great Bend. There are no full service hotels in the area. The rooms in this Comfort Inn have been remodeled on the first floor. They are just as nice as many Hilton rooms I have stayed in. The room I stayed in had 2 queen beds, a desk, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. The full size vanity and sink are outside of the restroom. The restroom has a full size tub with shower and room fan that runs automatically when you turn on the light. The light in the restroom always has a night light on. The heat and air worked well and were not too noisy. I never heard a TV in another room. The housekeeping was excellent, and I made sure they got a $3.00 tip for every day I stayed. I would go to the front desk before I left to see who cleaned my room on what day and they would put the tip in an envelope. I explained the tip was for exceptional cleaning and service and that is what I received every stay.
There is a small indoor pool and an exercise room. There is a free breakfast in am that has a variety of items-I would just grab a yogurt on the way out. There are ice machines on each floor and coke machines.
The service from the manager and front desk was always excellent. They were as accommodating as possible. This was a nice place to stay and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms have been remodeled.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Alycia M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Great Bend, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
Dear Paula,
We wanted to thank you for your response and it has been a pleasure having you stay with us when you come down to Great bend. If you need anything please feel free to let us know.

Sincerely
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Comfort Inns & Suites is our favorite hotel chain and this one didn't disappoint, with one exception. The room was very clean and spacious. Our king bed was a very comfortable pillow top, and the bathroom was perfectly appointed with an adequate number of towels and washcloths and toiletry items. The only disappointment with our room was that the wifi didn't work in our room. After wandering around in the hallway and common areas, it was apparent that this hotel needs to get a stronger router as the only area we could get online was the lobby/common area. That being said, in spite of not having internet we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: This hotel did not have an elevator and the stairs were very steep.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Alycia M, Manager at Comfort Inn Great Bend, responded to this review, 4 November 2012
We wanted to thank you for your review on our hotel and we are sorry you where having issues with the internet. We have found the problem with the routers and they have both been replaced. Also wanted to let you know our elevator should be up and running in about two to three weeks. Thanks again for your comment and thanks for staying with us while you where on your trip.

Alycia Madsen
Office Manager
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Great stay place is very clean and the beds are so comfy. They also had hot choclate chips cookies at check in and the front desk person was very helpfull at check in. early in the morning they had a hot breakfast up and running I will deffintly stay here again when I pass thru again.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Kstatefa
Alycia M, Manager at Comfort Inn Great Bend, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
We wanted to thank you for your stay here at the Comfort Inn and we hope to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Bend
#1 of 3 in Larned
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 8 in Great Bend

Been to Comfort Inn Great Bend? Share your experiences!