Great Bend Travelodge
US$87
US$83
US$63
US$60
Travelers Budget Inn(Great Bend)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$48
Priceline
TripAdvisor
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

This was a terrible experience.First of all I booked a first floor room and got a second floor instead.I looked at the picture of the property on the Travelodge site and noticed exterior doors so I booked as I have been staying in too many interior door hotels.I booked through the Wyndham site.There needs to be better communication between that site and this property.Not only did I not get the room that I booked but I was put in one of the only two inside rooms so I consider that yet and still another interior corridor room.

About the room,there is spackling on the wallpaper and walls.Furniture desperately needs replacing.Television is from the late 80s or early 90s.If I am ever in Great Bend again.I will not be staying here.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Manager-9348, Manager at Great Bend Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your concerns. I am sorry that you were
disappointed with your room. We sincerely apologize for the substandard condition of your room. At Travelodge, we take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness. Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously did not meet those standards. My hope is that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you, to make sure that you pleased with your stay. Once again please accept our apology.

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Our room was fine, clean and about what you'd expect. Our first problem was wifi. Several sites came up but not the motel's "free" site. Tried restarting & other stuff, no luck.

Called the desk; the woman said "oh somebody else had that problem."

AND???? Nothing. She had no clue and did not seem likely to find out.

On to next morning. After an insipid shower we went to the "free" breakfast. Which was a lot like the wifi. The juice machine was off. "Oh, no juice," I said to my husband. "We have plenty of juice," the woman at the desk said. "It's in the kitchen."
Uh, OK.....

"I hope you don't want any coffee," she said. "I don't want to make another pot for just two people."

Make that two people who won't return to this motel!!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 16 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I made my reservation 8 weeks in advance with special instructions "must be lower floor". My wife has difficulty climbing stairs. The night clerk did not check the incoming reservations and gave away all of the lower floor rooms by the time we got there. We took an upper floor with great pains. I thought the day clerk would like to know how the night shift handle their job. Wrong! I said that there is 2 issues with our stay. there was only one hand towel and no wash cloths. She said "That is all we put in the rooms and what is your next problem?" I said "But there is 2 beds in this room. We reserved a lower floor room because my wife cannot climb stairs very well. The reaction was belligerent and nearly combative as she was yelling as I walked away with my hand up. She has absolutely no compassion for handicapped or older people. She should think about a new vocation as she really sucks at the current job.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager-9348, General Manager at Great Bend Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

I am sorry to hear your troubles. First thing I looked up your reservation. You made your reservations on line & reservations does not say ground floor room request. If we had rooms available downstairs we always try to accomodate the guest. About rude front desk clerk I am finding out who was the clerk working at that time & will talk to the desk clerk. When you come thru the Great Bend next time I will give you 20% off of our regular room rate.