“School Reunion at Hotel”

Highland Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Great Bend
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We had our all year school reunion here in July 2013. Good clean accommodations. Great food served quickly and professionally to a very large group. Management was very easy to work with and helped with every request or concern.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I spend a lot a time on the road, my company and my family came to Kansas for work. Mike and his staff took great care of my guys and my family. The restaurant and bar is very clean and the service was excellent. The pool is the cleanest pool I have ever seen. Anything we asked for Mike or his staff made it happen. Our rooms had up to date tv's beds, fridge, ac. The building is an older building however they are doing many renovations to it. If you go to Great Bend KS the Highland hotel and convention center is the only place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We checked in on 8/2/13-8/9/13 paid w/credit card; & 8/10-8/13 w/cash. while waiting for our home to be finished. they charged us $398.65, 108.75, 50.00. The rms were suppose to be $40 not $50. Per night they were double paid for the nights paid w/cash. we cleaned our own rm. They were dirty moldy, the drain was clogged & leaked. we had to fix ourselves. due to them not fixing properly. the pool & whirlpool was green. weeds all over & tall grass. we had to move due to a/c. no discount. no free continential breakfast. Overall for for 11 days was hell! with filth i deep cleaned our room. but my biggest problem was my c/c being charged!!! I've disputed the entire bill! they will not get a penny out of me! Or a recommendation for any service!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank jeepgirl9399
Mike T, Manager at Highland Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Guest has paid twice by the credit card and we have her signature on the signing sheet. For her to claim that she was charged more is utterly wrong. For the fact there is an outstanding balance that she has not paid as yet.

The boyfriend of the guest who wrote the review was an employee of our hotel and worked in the maintenance department. If we have a maintenance problem in the guest room, our maintenance staff is going to fix it. I don't understand why she claimed that "We had to fix it". If she was not happy with the accommodation from her first day, she should have approached the management and not stayed for 11 days. That itself is questionable.

Guest also brought two dogs to the room and did not even informed the hotel about the same.

This review is totally baseless and untrue.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

While staying in Great Bend , we have had to resort to this old Holiday Inn which has been the Highland hotel for a while. The facility has not had a renovation in many years and is tired and shabby but clean. The cheap beds are not comfortable like a newer hotel, no flat screens, carpet is bunched, pillow are old,old,old. Pool is old but nice and warm, need ropes at deep end and a cleaner deck area, Jacuzzi is lukewarm, missing drain cover like the pool, and not in good repair , gym area is tired. The employees are nice and friendly and the ones I met we're willing to help, ( no pool towels, room had 2 bath towels, one room in our party had to move as the ac was hot. The owners are on premise but either cannot afford the upgrades this hotel desperately needs or doesn't "get it" . Room was $79 with the "manager" discount but would be ok with more if the hotel was a better stay. Owner needs to do the math on a better occupancy rate like the "Best Western" across the street which is always full as it is much nicer.this hotel could be much more than it is right now with some renovation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Most accomadating and professional staff always going above and beyond the call of duty to meet the needs of our business meeting. While the Hotel and facilities are older, everything was clean and most furniture and appliances were new. The few issues raised by the sheer size of our group were addressed promptly, professionally, and with a smile. If your planning a business event you won't find a better value, and I've never experienced hotel Manager so willing to make miracles happen!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We have noticed many things going down hill with rooms. Air conditioners way to noisy for comfort, security of rooms is really bad, bathrooms not clean, poor beds is my rating, commodities of room low value cheap small. Weeds growing to in excess of a foot tall around outside of building very tacky. Meetings rooms had low level lighting need flashligh to read our literature. Swimming pool water not clear, looks inhibiting. I would not recommend this place to stay. Restrooms outside of meeting rooms where nasty.

Room Tip: Look before you stay.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Mike and staff did not hesitate to meet my requests. This hotel has no elevator I asked who was going to carry my luggage up stairs and immediately Mike was there ready and willing. My air conditioning wasn't blowing very well Mike not only came up and made the necessary adjustments but just to be safe he also went back down and brought me a fan.
For some strange reason I wasn't able to link to WI-FI called the front desk to see if I needed a password but I did not. I still couldn't connect and I no flunky and one of the girls at the front desk said she'd be right up. WOW! And I'm hard to WOW!

• Stayed: July 2013