“Asian in Western Kansas”

Tryyaki Asian Cuisine
Ranked #36 of 96 Restaurants in Hays
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I was so glad when Tryyaki opened in Hays. I came from a big city and loved Chicken Terryaki which I could never find here. I have not had anything I haven't liked and especially like the sweet and sour chicken and California rolls. The pop is served in really small cups so I have learned to order a large pop to get enough to drink. They do have gluten free soy sauce as well.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Stopped here on way out to Western Kansas. Ordered the Beef LoMein and was shocked on how much they gave me. I was only able to eat a quarter of it and I was full, but I will say it was delicious. Glad I was able to send home the leftovers with my friend's daughter. Service was fast and the staff was very pleasant.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

This place has awesome food ..we always share or take left over home eat for a few meals great egg drop soup drive up window to go orders

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Ate lunch here. Pretty empty. I was the only one in here.

I ordered the Spicy Tuna Roll Combo. Came with 16 pieces, salad, noodles, and a very small soft drink.

The Spicy Tuna Roll was the spiciest I have ever had -- too Spicy for my liking (and I like Spicy). The rice was not very firm and the pieces fell apart too easily. The Tuna mixture was also too runny from the spices.

The salad was drenched in way too much dressing (ask for the dressing on the side)! Could not eat it.

The sesame noodles were cold and had an unusual taste from a sauce the were drenched in. I could not eat those.

The drink was a 12 ounce drink, no refills.

They do have a varied menu, and did see some other items that I could be interested, and prices are very reasonable.

However, my overall thought on this particular meal was not good, and food went to waste.

There are better Asian Cuisine places to eat at in Hays, and I will visit them, and know I will be satisfied with the food.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

Although this is obviously Asian, they would benefit from more sushi on the menu. They fix it well, and the prices are good, but the selection is very limited. Seating is okay (no atmosphere) in a very small dining area, but the take-out and drive-thru business is good. Closed Tuesdays. This is probably the best sushi in Hays, just not enough menu choices for sushi-lovers. Fast, good, affordable!

Been to Tryyaki Asian Cuisine? Share your experiences!