“Best Place to Stay in Hays”
Review of Motel 6 Hays

Motel 6 Hays
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Hays
Cheyenne Wells, Colorado
“Best Place to Stay in Hays”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We were in Hays this past weekend for a football tournament and paid the same amount for 2 nights as most people paid for 1 night's stay! The room was clean and well taken care of for the price! I stayed here with my 8, 6, and 4 year old and we had a great time! For $39.99 per night, you can't go wrong! The staff there was friendly and helpful! I know of other people who stayed elsewhere, paid more, and didn't have as great of an experience as we had! The money we saved staying here allowed us to do more things while in Hays! Great place!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hillarieg2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The hotel was on par with any other Motel 6 I have stayed at recently. Not great. Not very clean. Paid $3.00 for a pretty slow, crappy WIFI. Very small TV, uncomfortable beds. But usually cheap. This one though, had no bath tub; only a stand up shower, which with 3 kids (8,3 and 1) was not fun. The main complaint: the room was VERY TINY. The bathroom was literally half the size of the whole room. Both beds were literally right next to each other. Although I did not use, there was a pool. For the money, I expected a little better.

• Stayed August 2013
jrbjhb
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We have rentals in Hays but live out of town. We were looking for an inexpensive decent place to stay while we shoveled out the rentals after a huge snow storm. The motel 6 was only $35 a nite through Orbitz and I thought we'd try it one night and move if we didn't like it.

It was great and I smiled to myself the whole time at how inexpensive it was. Usually I feel resentful of the price the whole time I am in a motel room.

The rooms are small, but clean and recently painted it seemed. The fixtures in the bathroom were of good quality and everything including the floor was spotless. The beds were comfortable, the heating completely adequate.

The furnishings are very Spartan, but functional and in good condition. There is no refrig. Ice and a microwave are down by the office. No breakfast, but you can use your savings at McDonald's next door or in any of the many near-by restaurants. There is a Hastings book store next door and a movie theatreplex a block away.

Room Tip: Overheard that the doors on rooms on the East can freeze shut if there is a winter NorthEaster. The...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank jrbjhb
Buffalo, Wyoming
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Our room was clean and quiet. Slight smell of cigarette smoke even though it was non-smoking. Well lit parking lot. McDonalds and Redbox one hundred yards away, no busy street to cross. The interent was terribly slow and I was unable to use it. I complained and was given another code and that did not help. In the morning the coffee was out when I went in, but soon refreshed. Front desk help was amazing both morning and night. I even received a call to check on my room after I checked in, which I have never experienced at a Motel 6. I would stay here again if I didn't need the internet.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Istop4pics
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Michael K. Berges

Was rude and yelling when we wanted our money back and told us we never stayed there they have no record but corporate said they have record we stayed here for weeks and spent some money that must mean you got thefts working there that's waht happen to our money. We had to call the police just to get our things back out the room.

We are taking legal matters to sue Motel 6 Hays for stealing our money that we paid for the days we talking about over 700.00 dollars missing for days paid but then were told we didn't..

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL IT SUCKS AND THEY ARE VERY RUDE AND UNCLEAN

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dawn Y

Travellers are raving about these Hays hotels

Missouri
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Looks bad from the outside, run down and a lot of litter in the parking lot. The employees were very pleasant and the room was clean.

We prefer budget motels and are willing to accept a small room with no decor for a low rate.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sue G
Illinois
Reviewed 23 January 2012

It has clean beds, and while they do not offer a breakfast (only coffee), there's a McDonald's just about 60 ft away and you can get a breakfast there, so no problem. Likewise, a short walk across a parking lot is a Viilage Inn restaurant, where you can get a reasonably priced and quite good dinner, and a breakfast in the morning if you have time to wait a bitr longer than at McDonald's.

I stayed there many times, and will so in a future

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business