“Great meal”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Loved this restaurant! The waiters were very nice. I also liked the diner style to the restaurant. The pie was delicious. I would definitely go back again!

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We stopped here because of reviews we read on here. The chicken was good, the potatoes were real, not instant. The green beans were mushy like they had been leftover from the day before. The coleslaw was good.
The service was okay.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

If you are driving across country and are a fan of fried chicken than a stop at Al’s is a must. The atmosphere is retro. The chicken is good. Loved the veggie of the day and the mashed taters with gravy. This sure beat a burger and fries at the standard fast food joints. Make sure you too off your meal with a slice of homemade pie ala mode. The ice cream is homemade too! We will return.

travelexpert_8, Owner at Al's Chickenette, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

What a lovely review...Thank you so much for taking the time to write this..Much appreciated come see us again..safe travels new friend!

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner because of the reviews I saw on TripAdvisor, the service was okay the food was just okay.
Course a different day, different cook. Who knows what it is like.
For us, family of 4. $57 largest portion of canned corn I've ever had sat on a plate. Wife had chicken fried steak, said it was okay.
Son had fish and said it was just OK.
Kids chicken tender, was good.. According to the 10 year old.
My chicken breast was overcooked, dry and bland. As was the chicken leg.
I ate it, it was ok. Will I be back, well to be honest - probably not. I don't think $57 was a good deal for what we received & certainly did not get full. I have & always willing to try local restaurants, yet these days chain restaurants get on every corner because people know what they're going to get - they know how much it's going to cost - they eat and leave.

1  Thank Jewwells
travelexpert_8, Owner at Al's Chickenette, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Thank you for the review..safe travels

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Average chicken but great service. The waitress was very attentive but the chicken was average. I think I personally like KFC‘s spice blend better.

travelexpert_8, Owner at Al's Chickenette, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Thank you for trying our restaurant...we have additional spices you can add yourself...maybe next time we can step it up for you...I always like to know how people feel about our food...and I appreciate you taking the time to let us know. Safe travels -

Been to Al's Chickenette? Share your experiences!