All reviewsroom was cleanrestaurant next doornew carpetwhiskey creekpositive experienceoutdoor poolbagelsplace to sleepwould stay here againfront desk staffbiscuits and gravyconvenient locationstaff was very friendlygreat pricedogkelseyks
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I created a TripAdvisor account solely to warn people about this motel. This motel is by far the worst stay I've ever had. The air conditioning was barely functional. My room was humid and hot and miserable all night long. The room was musty, the furniture is old and inadequate. The bathroom smelled of urine. The lights in the bathroom did not work. The bathroom sink was not clean, and it drained very slowly. There were multiple (live) cockroaches in my room. The cleaning staff interrupted my morning three times, starting at about 9 am. The first time, the maid entered my room while I was in the shower! Her "excuse" was that there wasn't a car parked outside my room, so she didn't think I was there. And yes, I did have my "Privacy Please" magnet on my door! The free breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Mythrax
DaysInn05290, Front Office Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Hays, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear your stay was not adequate. At our hotel we strive to keep all rooms clean and have a staff on hand that is friendly. I am very sorry you had a run in with some maintenance issues and would like to assure you I have told our maintenance of these issues so they can be fixed right away. I would like to inform you within the last couple weeks we have installed brand new A/C units. We hope that with this information you will consider our hotel again in the future. Once again thank you for your review over our hotel.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We have stayed here more than once. They have great grounds for walking the dogs complete with bags for doggy doo disposal. Rooms are clean and roomy. There is a huge steak house next door and plenty of fast food nearby. For the middle of Kansa it is a great place to stop for the night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words over our hotel. We appreciate hearing how much you loved our doggy treat bags with doggy poo pickup sacks in them. We enjoy all our guests and their furry friends here at the Days Inn. It's nice to also hear you were able to utilize the pet friendly park behind our hotel along with Whiskey Creek's steak house next door. Once again thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

A slight smell in the room, could not figure out where it was coming from. Sadly we had someone take close to an hour to get their diesel truck started. They started at 5:30 in the morning. They thought it was funny!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback on how your stay was and would like to extend our apologies to you for we could see it being quite the distraction when a vehicle pre-heats that early in the morning. We do have rooms that are located away from parking which on your next visit you are more than welcome to ask for. Once again we are sorry for the disturbances that the vehicle may have caused and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysInn05290, Front Office Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Hays, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Reviewed 17 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysInn05290, Front Office Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Hays, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014