“Ok for a night”

Smith Center, Kansas, United States
“Ok for a night”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Polite friendly check in
Room ok, beds fair. Spiders in the room, towels dingy not crisp white.
Did I mention spiders? In the tub, in the sink. Ok for the price and a one night stay. Not a destination just a resting point.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Upon my arrival at the Americas Best Value Inn Hesston I was greeted with such a warm welcome
and was polite. I was happy with the room and the service. Overall i am happy with the service and the price for a King size room was inexpensive. IT IS TRULY ' AMERICAS BEST VALUE '.

Room Tip: The room on the second floor were quieter then the main level room. A/C in the rooms were very good...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Riverside, California
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Owners very nice and helpful, the room smelt like someone was blowing smoke from another room, i had a non smoking room, but smelt like someone used the bathroom while smoking. Im from California and it was 4 degree that night and the heater did not work well I had to sleep in my cloths. I work at a Juvenile Hall and I think our bathrooms are cleaner then the rooms. leaking roof spots paint chipping around shower from mold. I was too cold to change rooms and placed my shirt over my nose so i would not smell the smoke. Oh I stayed 2 nights and house keeping did not come in and clean the room nor give new towels. Sorry but I will not recommend to a family I was there with my son.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Hesston hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed on a Sunday night driving from Houston to Montana. Was exhausted when I hit Hesston and saw this hotel. A Mexican restaurant was attached and after 11 hours on the road, that sounded great. Oh. Restaurant closed on Sunday. Checked in anyway by a lovely, friendly woman who told me what restaurants were available. Note that the choices are VERY limited. The room was clean, comfy, had free parking, and free wifi. It is pet friendly and I did hear a little barking initially. That stopped and the hotel got totally quiet by 10. Slept well, although another blanket would have been good. I wouldn't make a point to visit again, but would not hesitate if I needed one in the area. A little pricey for night, but it worked.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank dawnlangl
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We were in town for a basketball tournament. The town was great and well taken care of. The hotel, not so much. The pool was freezing cold and had spiders, drinking glasses, and who knows what else IN the pool. The hot tub was only filled about 2/3 of the way up and barely covered the jets. The rooms were pretty small, but sufficient for our family. There were spiders in the halls and in our room. The coffee cups that were paper and in plastic smelled like something died in them. The breakfast was inedible. Stale cereal and lumpy coffee creamer. We were hoping to save a few bucks by eating breakfast at the hotel, but that wasn't even an option. We definitely won't be staying at this hotel again when we come back next year.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank T S
Lawrence
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Checked in and couldn't get the key to work on the south entrance door - until another guest explained that everyone has trouble. That you have to do it a certain way. I am a female traveling alone and that wasn't exactly great news. Walked to my room and was disappointed in the decor as the sign states "Newly Remodeled" - very dated and worn. My room was at the north end of the building. Room itself appeared clean but again dated and worn came to mind. After dropping off my bags I had a meeting that I needed to attend. Decided to leave through the north doors since I'd had so many issues with the south doors. Walked down the stairs and the north door was propped open. Again concerning as I am traveling alone. I unproped the door and left. When I arrived back at the room it was late. Parked and headed Ito the north entrance - found the door propped open. Arrived at the my room and found dingy yellow sheets. Noticed on my receipt my credit card had been overcharged 30$. Attempted to call the front desk but the phone wasn't working. At that point I decided it wasn't the place for me to stay. I immediately packed up and left. I explained to the clerk my concerns but there was no response - no even an I am sorry.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Leavenworth, KS
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times and have always been pleased. This visit we were given a room with a jacuzzi which was an added bonus. The rooms are clean and comfortable and there are nice extras such as the free hearty breakfast and cookies available during the day. This time we even had goodie bags in our room! The staff is wonderful and goes out of their way to may your stay with them the best!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hesston
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#1 of 2 in Hesston
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newton
Days Inn - Newton
Days Inn - Newton
#5 of 6 in Newton
Comfort Inn & Suites Newton

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Hesston? Share your experiences!