“Hillsboro's finest (and only, but still mighty fine).”

Country Haven Inn Hillsboro
Country Haven Inn Hillsboro
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hillsboro
Abbotsford, Canada
“Hillsboro's finest (and only, but still mighty fine).”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights last week. Staff were very friendly, the room was great, everything was clean, and I had no complaints at all. I would definitely recommend staying here if you are in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Whitewater, Kansas
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We won a gift certificate to stay in one of the jacuzzi suites. When we arrived there were bugs in the tub, and not just a couple. Luckily we weren't the type to freak out about it, got some cleaner from the front desk wiped stuff down and went on to the lake for the evening.

When we got back the bugs were back too. I noticed that there were two windows above the tub, and that one of the outdoor lights that is always on outside is right next to it. It's probably what attracts all the bugs.

The room was large, had a sofa and a sitting area where you could eat a meal. It was equipped with a fridge that didn't appear to be working (probably just wasn't plugged in) and a microwave. The bed was comfortable, the shower basic, and what you would expect for a small town place. I would give it 4 stars without the bugs, but my guess is there is an easy fix to that since most everyone else's experiences were very good.

If you are wanting to spend time on the lake without staying at the lake, you can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: The corner jacuzzi suite is nice except for the bugs, my guess is they get that figured out quick. T...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shockssid
Frances W, Manager at Country Haven Inn Hillsboro, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
I apologize for the unsatisfactory stay in our hotel. I would like to say your experience was not the norm. The problem has been corrected. The building lights outside were the cause of the problem you experienced. We typically turn them off in the summer, but your stay being in May, we had not done that yet.

I would like other people reading your review to know that the front desk person offered to take care of the problem and you told them you would take care of it.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. I would like to talk to you, if you could call us.
Shana, Manager
Orange, California
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Recently stayed and the staff was excellent at dealing with some difficult tenants. The staff addressed all concerns immediately to the satisfaction of all the guests. Rooms and grounds were immaculate, every item is in good repair. Breakfast is fresh daily, staff helpful. Thank you for superior effort!

Room Tip: Take advantage of Dale's market and the on-site bar-b-que. Great relaxing meal.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here in mid-October, The room was clean and the staff always helpful. I am a Disabled Vet and needed some extra pillows, they were brought to me right away.

An excellent place to stay

Room Tip: If you unable to use stairs, do specify you want to stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We ended up at this motel after a really long search with many full or really dirty motels along the way. The Country Haven Inn was IMMACULATE! It was one of the cleanest rooms I have stayed in and Westin is usually my chain of choice (when not in rural America). The room was small and modest but it had a refrigerator and nice TV, the bed was comfy and the shower was spotless. The manager was delightful. I would absolutely stay here again should my travels bring me back to SE Kansas.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Columbus, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The Country Haven Inn is a small town hotel so no luxury, but it's always been clean and very affordable. We typically stay there when visiting family and always have had a good experience. The staff is friendly, helpful and very accommodating. I would recommend this place if you are in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 27 March 2013

My horrible nightmare trip turned around with the hospitality of the staff at Country Haven Inn. I was traveling alone with my 3 month old daughter and my dog back home to Texas. My car broke down and I spent 2 nights here. The manager let me check in early, gave me a room close to the door so I could take my dog out, offered to carry things for me to help me out, etc. This was during the February snow storm, and as I was not the only traveler stuck in Hillsboro, another staff member cooked us dinner and brought it from his house! It was so awesome to have people care and go out of their way for me. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone traveling thru and would like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to the wonderful staff. :)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Crystal B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsboro
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Hesston
Comfort Inn & Suites Newton
No photo provided
Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Marion
Historic Elgin Hotel
Historic Elgin Hotel
#1 of 2 in Marion

Been to Country Haven Inn Hillsboro? Share your experiences!