“Clean/Modern - will stay again”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hutchinson
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Hutchinson
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights during a recent family visit. Was pleasantly surprised. Value was amazing. This property is fairly new about a year old. It is very modern and clean. The design is sleek and spacious. Bathrooms are spacious and in particular - no shower curtains! (yeah), glass enclosures with variable shower heads.
Room has microwave and small fridge. I particularly liked that they did not have bedspreads - which we all know do not get cleaned very often if at all. They had good bedding that was easy to change out daily.
Breakfast is included and gives variety to all eaters. Hot/cold items to choose from. Love that they have the breakfast for longer hours (7-10am) weekends -- weekdays were until 9am.
Staff are very helpful and friendly. Great customer service.
Parking can be a challenge on a full weekend.

Room Tip: select a room on 3rd or 4th floor - will be quieter and you will be able to leave window open for a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Lacey D, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hutchinson, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Catrillo,

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed the shower and bedding in your room. I am also glad you were able to join us for our complimentary breakfast. Especialy since you felt it met all of your needs! If you stay with us again on a busy night we would be more than happy to help work out a different parking situation! Thank you for writing us a review on Trip Advisor. It truly means a lot to us at Fairfield Inn and Suites.
Thanks again,

Lexi K

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Hutchinson

Reviewed 9 July 2014

After only a couple of hours at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Hutchinson, KS, I was very aware of the hotel's stellar performance in tending to details that matter to the typical hotel guest. 99% of my experiences prior to this has been my calling the front desk to ask for something that'd been forgotten in the room, or feeling some sense of disappointment in what was lacking.
Here's my bottom line -- the front desk staff was enthusiastically attentive and knowledgeable, the hotel was creative and colorful in its decor, the rooms included a refrigerator AND microwave, good internet, plenty of seatingd desk options, and the king suite room had plenty of seating and desk options, and was much more roomy than other medium priced suite-type hotels I've stayed in. Plus, the fold out sofa bed was very comfortable (and clean!). My party of 4 enjoyed every bit of our stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Lacey D, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hutchinson, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Vivace56,

I am truly pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful stay at Fairfield Inn and Suites-Hutchinson! As a team we strive to provide our guests with an enjoyable experience. It is so satisfying to know that you felt we accomplished just that. I hope you are able to stay with us again so I can get a chance to personally thank you for writing us a review. We deeply appreciate it.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My family and I traveled to Hutchinson, KS for Mid America Youth Basketball tournament. My daughter’s 5th grade team was competing in this event for the first time. The entire team traveled 6 hours from our home state of Texas to participate in this event. You can only imagine how excited our eleven-year-old girls were about this tournament. Upon our arrival in Hutchinson we noticed a Fairfield Marriot Hotel and Suites. Knowing the tradition of this hotel we did not look at any other hotel. A decision that I would later regret. Our experience at this hotel was unbelievable. The experience at this hotel was much less than I would expect from a Marriot property. I even took a picture of the quote from Mr. Marriot that was on the wall, “"little things" you are responsible for that make the big difference in serving your customer, be it the public, another business or Marriott departments and employees.” This is not what we experienced at this hotel. Like I said earlier we were there for a weekend tournament. We checked in on Friday and were scheduled to check out on Sunday. We returned to the hotel Saturday afternoon to allow the girls time to shower and rest before having to leave again for their evening game. Well upon our return we learned that our hotel room had been locked with all of our belongings still in the room. The front desk clerk, Lexi was extremely rude and informed us that our booking was only for one night. My husband and I were completely astonished! Not to mention our two kids who were looking at us for answers. We informed her again of the fact that we had booked for two nights; the tournament didn’t end until Sunday. She begins to tell us that she could call around for other hotels, but we would not be able to stay there. I could not believe my ears! I asked her why we could not just be moved to another room? She said that the hotel was completely booked. That’s when I asked her to call the manager. She called and then informed me that the manager also said that they were booked. I had to ask her to call her back and allow me to speak to her. As soon as I spoke to the manager and informed her again of the situation, and of the fact that there was not even a receipt under our door on Saturday morning indicating our stay was up. She started saying that we could be moved to a “king standard” room. I was kind of surprised because I had just been told by Lexi that the entire hotel was booked. I know this is not some that Mr. Marriot would be proud of…we were originally booked in a “King Suite” because we were traveling with our two kids. So having a “king standard” would have my kids sleeping on the floor. Her response was we could send up some extra pillows and blankets…. Imagine that Mr. Marriot guest at your hotel sleeping on the floor…. We had to remove all of our things from the room and store them in hotel storage…. The hotel staff did not help at ALL with this move. We ended up having to send our daughter with the other parents and missed her winning shot for the second game. That moment of her life was missed by both of her parents, because we had to remove our things from one room to later have to move them to the room across the hall…UNBELEIVABLE. Needless to say if you’re visiting this area and you see this hotel DON”T STOP. It does not display the kind of legacy that comes with the Marriot name.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Aretha J
Lacey D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hutchinson, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Aretha,

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent stay with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Hutchinson and I regret to see that you were unsatisfied with your stay.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of having to move rooms on Saturday but I am happy to see that we were able to accommodate your family in a double room to have enough space for you and your family! Our staff is happy to do everything we can to accommodate our guests who are extending their reservations especially during such a special visit as yours.

We take great pride in being the recipient of the 2014 Certificate of Excellence award here in Hutchinson and we hope to have the opportunity to show you the level of service our guests come to expect from a Marriott branded hotel.

Thank you again for your time in expressing your concerns and I would be happy to visit with you further at your convenience -- please feel free to contact me directly at (620) 259-8787 x 500.

Lacey Depenbusch

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed here on our return to Denver from the SE. The hotel is new and in fantastic condition. Pleasantly surprised. Great breakfast, great service, spotless rooms and comfortable beds. That's all I can ask for. Oh yes, reasonable rates.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lacey D, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hutchinson, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear ScNebraskatraveler,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to fill out a review for us. We truly do appreciate it! I am so glad to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. We definately strive in providing a positive environment, as well as a clean one! Thank you for choosing to stay with Fairfield Inn and Suites-Hutchinson. I hope you get a chance to stay with us again!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed in Hutch for a couple of days during our cross country move. We made reservations at another privately owned establishment in the area that fell through. Since there was a storm coming in and we didn't know the area, we scrambled to find other accommodations. When we called this Fairfield Inn the woman who answered the phone was super nice. When we got there she advised us they only had a room for that night, the next night they were fully booked, then they had availability for our third night in the area. She suggested checking with the front desk in the morning to see if anyone cancelled and lucky for us they did! Our stay in Hutchinson went really well, thanks in no small part to having a clean, comfortable, easy to find place to stay. The front desk folks were excellent in providing customer service, the hotel was very clean, the breakfast folks were super friendly. We enjoyed being able to explore the Cosmosphere and Underground Salt Mine knowing we had a nice place to call "home" for a couple of days. If we find ourselves in Hutch again, this will be the first place we look for lodging! My husband and son really liked the breakfast they offered. Sadly for me and my food allergies, eggs and fruit were my only options... which was fine for a couple of days.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank L R
Lacey D, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hutchinson, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear L R,
Thank you for taking the time to write our hotel a review on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable! I am glad that we were able to work with you and keep you at a nice temporary "home" for your entire stay. I hope that you find yourself in Hutchinson again and we are able to welcome you back!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed in the Fairfield Inn for 2 nights in April of 2014. We had 2 adjoining rooms. 1 was a king suite the other a 2 queen standard (handicap accessible). The rooms were large and clean. The king suite include a shower only, but it was large and modern. Overall the hotel had a clean and modern feel, probably owing to it being a recent addition to Hutch. The staff was hit and miss in terms of customer service and friendliness. The free breakfast was very standard but the seating area was large and nice with tables, booths and a large high-top table. Overall I would stay here again, especially because there are so many worn and tired hotels in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tator320
Lacey D, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hutchinson, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Tator320,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! I apologize about the inconsistency of our customer service. Everything we do at Fairfield Inn and Suites is aimed to provide our guests with a more enjoyable and stress free stay. Your review helps us know how to improve. I hope that you do get a chance to stay with us again! Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn and Suites for your lodging accomodations.

Lexi Kaufman

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I'm in charge of senior bus groups for my employer. Took the group to Hutchinson, KS for an overnight trip on April 16, 2014. Had a minor issue with baggage handling on checking into hotel, but it was resolved within a few minutes. The front desk employees were very friendly and very helpful. Hotel has only been opened over a year. It was a very nice property. The rooms were very nice and extremely clean. I was very impressed with their breakfast area. It was twice the size of other hotels my group has stayed at. The breakfast buffet was good and the kitchen employee was very attentive in making sure it was stocked and interacted with guests helping them finding items. I would definitely bring my group back to this hotel and would recommend it to other senior bus groups.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Lacey D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hutchinson, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Rita M,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate everyone's comments and feedback about how we can improve. I am so pleased to hear that we were able to fix the minor issue with the luggage for you. We will definately work on making sure this is executed more smoothly next time. I am so glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us! We hope you get a chance to stay with us again!