“Nice stay. Comfy beds to cuddle up in.”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Hutchinson
Hobbs, New Mexico
“Nice stay. Comfy beds to cuddle up in.”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had to stay here while my cousin was in the hospital nearby. This is a really nice property. I would say the worse part of this trip was the elevator. That elevator was down right scary! The front desk help was always really nice and breakfast was awesome for the days we stayed here. It's also conveniently located to all kinds of stores and food. The beds were AMAZING! I love staying at Comfort Inn & Suites for this reason alone so I know it wasn't because I had slept on hospital chairs for a few nights prior.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Brittney D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Ohio
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Our room was beautiful and clean. We had a suite, and we really could have stayed there all week. The bed was huge and comfortable and there was updated furniture and bedding. Breakfast had good choices like biscuits and gravy, eggs, waffles, oatmeal, yogurt, and fresh fruit. The staff were all friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Room 309 was awesome.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carol V
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Checkin was super easy, I had a reservation and was all set when I walked in. They had fresh baked choco chip cookies, evening snacks and morning breakfast. Room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank cjdub62
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Enjoyed this new location, same staff, very clean rooms, will stay here again, highly recommended. Great upgrade from the old comfort, great location, close to everything and places to eat with walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank here-we-go-usa
Park City, Kansas
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. The room
Was nice, very clean, and the bed was comfy. Having a fridge and microwave was great!! The little sitting area in the King size room was really homey. The lady checking me in was super nice. My only complaints are that the elevator takes forever to close (24 seconds to be exact). But my biggest complaint is that there are still smoking allowed. Despite having a non-smoking room, the halls smelled like a bar. Immediate headache due to smoke allergy. I honestly could not believe that a hotel this nice could allow smoking. I hope they will reconsider this soon or put all smoking rooms on a separate floor.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Princesskeeper
Rayne T, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear PrincessKeeper,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Comfort Inn & Suites. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

You'll be happy to know that we are going 100% smoke-free! We are in the process of renovating all guest rooms, and as we replace the furniture, draperies and décor, we will be converting all smoking rooms to non-smoking. We are really excited about this change, and the opportunity it gives us to better accommodate our guests.

An additional change we've made since your stay is the elevator. The doors were beginning to close at a slower rate than we preferred. We resolved this issue by replacing the sensor that activates the elevator door. Now it works great and is easily accessible for all.

Thank you again for sharing your experience at our Comfort Inn and Suites. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Rayne Templeton
Hutchinson KS
620-669-5200
Olive Branch, Mississippi
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Family and I are staying a week, current guests now and have been very pleased with the entire hotel. Room is big enough for our family of 3, breakfast is DELICIOUS with a very wide variety of options. We rather eat here than go to any of the restaurants around. The indoor pool and jacuzzi make an entire afternoon at the hotel enjoyable and we actually make the "welcome back food" from 5~7 pm our dinner.
Gregory at the front desk has provided outstanding recommendations for where to find free family activities in town and tips on extended stay rates for future trips. I also enjoy the daily housekeeping, they do a wonderful job. Proximity to things are great but not close enough to disturb. Highly recommend

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DiscountTravelee
Omaha Area
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Our check in process was easy and the lady at the desk was very nice. They had fresh baked cookies for us too. Our room was spacious and comfortable, but we discovered only two hangers so I had to go downstairs to get some. Then we discovered that there were only two sets of towels for three people. Another trip downstairs. Later our hairdryer kind of exploded, which meant another trip downstairs, and this time I had to wait a long time.

I did use the workout center and the machines were great. Meanwhile my wife and son used the spa jacuzzi which they said was kind of on the cool side and the jets were not very powerful. They wished they had not gone to use it in that condition.

Our King Bed was really comfortable, but our son who is 22 used the convertible sleeper and he is not a complainer at all - but said it was the worst bed he had ever been in. I saw the mattress and it was really thin and worn out too. The blanket was thin and it was a very cold night, so I brought up an extra blanket from the car.

The TV worked well and had many channels to choose from. The lighting was good and the floors were clean. The bathroom floor though was very dusty behind the door and under the sink area. The frig and microwave were a nice addition to the room.

The breakfast was pretty good with lots of choices, but also very crowded with strangers sharing tables. During the night and in the morning there was a lot of kids running up and down the halls, with many people slamming doors and making lots of noise. Due to the hotel staff not managing the noise well is reason enough for me not to return. The driveway up from the street was not plowed well either presenting a slushy icy entrance way to the hotel.

Check out was fine although the desk clerk was vaccuming and would not turn off the vac so I had to shout my room number to her three times. Seems like if she would have just switched it off for a moment that process would have been better.

There are lots of hotels in this town, and on my next trip through I will choose another one.

Room Tip: No suggestions since I have only been there once
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Rayne T, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Travel Review MdM,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our Comfort Inn & Suites. It's great to know there are people such as yourself who take the time to share their valued opinion.

We purchased the hotel recently and converted it to a Comfort Inn & Suites. We have new management, new ownership, and new franchise affiliation. You'll be glad to know that we are working actively to update all guest rooms and public spaces to provide our guests with superior accommodations and the highest level of service.

Following are some of the updates you can expect from our hotel on your next visit:
*All new guest room furniture, bedding, drapery and décor
*Brand new sofa sleepers with upgraded mattresses
*Microwave and refrigerator in all rooms
*Modern Lobby with new décor, breakfast and banquet seating, and community table
*Updated evening menu with BBQ, fajita bar, and other appetizing dinner options
*New Fitness Center, Business Center, and Guest Laundry

It is our goal to provide each guest with superior service and an always-outstanding experience. Please accept my apologies that we did not meet your expectations on your most recent stay. I have spoken with staff and implemented changes to housekeeping and guest assistance procedures. We can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience at Comfort Inn & Suites. We hope to welcome you again in the future. Perhaps you’ll make a return visit on your next trip to Hutchinson to witness the exciting changes!

Rayne Templeton