“Hotwire messed up bad!!”
Review of Townsmen Motel

Townsmen Motel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed 20 November 2012 via mobile

One of the worst I,ve ever seen. There is no way this place should be a half star, defidently not a 2 star. They had an old toilet sitting outside of a room. Two lights didn't work in the room, probably so you couldn't see how dirty it was. DON'T stay there!!

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed 7 July 2011

I pre-booked reservations for 3 nights based on the information on their website. My wife and her mom were in town to attend memorial services for my wife's brother and due to flight delays arrived late. Since they had no time to make OTHER arrangements, they stayed the first night. As related to me, the motel is a literal "dump" and the representation made on their website is completely fictitious! The room they had in no way resembled their presentation and was not only dank but the walls et al were nothing as portrayed...the whole room being a major "dump". Also, notwithstanding the lack of the "amenities" they tout, the pool is devoid of water and hasn't been used in years. In trying to address all these issues, I attempted to call the motel to speak with the manager, BUT, the phone system wasn't "working" and I never was able to speak with the manager. Then I contacted Hotels.com, through which the room was booked, explained the situation to them and after they tried unsuccessfully to contact the manager, transferred me to their customer service who was then able to track down a number supposedly for the owner. It didn't turn out to be the owner BUT I got the number for THE owner and called him to register my "grievances". Speaking with the "owner", he was NOT aware of the overall situation with his property, "The Townsmen Motel", and assured me that he would resolve the problems and that my wife would get a TOTAL refund, the one night stay not costing "a single penny"., plus a refund on the two remaining nights. I heartedly recommend that NO ONE book reservations at the Townsmen Motel until such time as they have brought the "property" up to the image they have portrayed themselves to be.....which may be some time to come, IF EVER. Of course, the owner said that he would "review" the internet listing of this motel and insure the "accuracy" of all the information, making deletions and corrections on the website.The owner has "promised" to keep me appraised of the situation...we'll see.

Room Tip: To have a chance for a good room, DON'T make reservations here!!