“Average at best” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Independence
Chicago, Illinois
“Average at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed here for over 2weeks due to working in this area and needed a cheap place to stay. There was a few things that bothered me one was the dead bugs in the corners of the room that get pushed there by the vacum. Hairs from someone other then myself was on the bed sheets. Breakfist wasnt up to par at all along with the vending machines out of order. there was 4 days stright without WiFi. Im a person that needs WiFi for work. Called down severial times aday to restart to router or modem with know use. Felt like they didnt understand how to do that. Another big thing that i came across was that my door was left open after being cleaned. Now i thought this was just a one day thing but the next day i saw this with other rooms. Also the doors basicly slam with no effort, I wake up at 5:30am to go to work and im being kept up from doors slamming at 11pm. On the brightside the towels were fresh and The AC,Mini Fridge, and Microwave worked great. Overall my stay was under average and i will not be returning to this motel and may even considering not going to any other super 8s in the future becuase of this experance.

Room Tip: Dont execpt much from this super 8
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michelle S, Manager at Super 8 Independence, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know there are areas we need to improve on. Since your review we have reviewed our procedures and made a few changes. We now try to more diligent about getting the edges and corners when we vaccuum. Also we moved our modems that send the wi-fi signal to better serve the entire hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Rantoul
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Not a very good hotel. Beds were very hard-nobody got a good nights sleep. Smoking rooms across from non-smoking. Dirty lobby and hallways. Upstairs smelled like smoke. Would not recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our smoking rooms are located at one end of the building and we try to erase the odors by shampooing the carpets and deep cleaning the rooms regularly.

Travellers are raving about these Independence hotels

Fort Riley, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

After checking in my husband and I came upstairs to our room and as soon as we walked into our room I noticed bug guts on the wall that had not been cleaned off. There was trash under the bed skirt, dust on everything thing in the room and not just a little bit of dust I mean dust that has been there for months. There was also hair in the bed and hair and crumbs in the dresser drawers.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We now have a team leader check our rooms on a daily basis. Also our housekeepers now double check each others work .
Meadville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

My type of work requires me to stay away from home 16 days a month. I have stayed all over the Midwest and most of the time with a Wyndham hotel. This stay was the worst experience I've had on the road. BEDBUGS! I had no issues first few nights other than room could have use a more thorough cleaning prior to my stay ( a vacuuming was needed and a previous guests towel hung on the bathroom door) but all in all ok. I woke with a few bumps I didn't remember from night before but area was flooding and still raining so an aggressive mosquito wasn't a surprise. Stayed the next night and must have been an appetizer before but was main course the next night! I woke up itching and miserable. Covered in bites on both arms, hands, across shoulders , on my leg,and ankle. Finally had to make trip to ER to get some relief local dr said I wasn't the first case they has seen not even that week. I was offered a free nights stay and different room for my trouble. I left my infected luggage there and stayed in different location for the night asked for more when I checked out due to having to decontaminate all my belongings and additional medical assistance. To which the manager paused for quite some time and then gave me 100.00 off my bill. Not too impressive considering I had planned on staying. 7 nights. Guest beware!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Our policy is if at any time at all we have reason to suspect bed bugs we remove the guest and call for our pest control company to come and inspect the suspected area. That procedure was followed here and there was no sign of any bed bugs. I am sorry for the trouble and inconvienence you went through.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Independence
#3 of 4 in Coffeyville
Townsmen Motel
Townsmen Motel
#2 of 6 in Independence

Been to Super 8 Independence? Share your experiences!