“Small-town motel with upscale appointments”

Pawnee Valley Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jetmore
Pawnee Valley Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jetmore
Phoenix, Arizona
“Small-town motel with upscale appointments”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed there as part of our Big 2014 Road Trip. Staff was very helpful. Note that the room rates (especially during harvest season) are higher than average for a smaller mom 'n pop motel, but the rooms are very-nicely appointed with newer furniture and decor. Walking distance to Judy's Cafe and other restaurants.

Room Tip: Room 5 in the corner is extremely quiet, but the A/C exhausts into a hallway, making that area very...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RCMoeur

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I was very pleasantly suprised at the quality of the room. I wasn't expecting much from a hunting lodge style motel, but the room was very clean and quite cozy. Everything is kept in excellent condition, so nothing looks or feels worn down.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Missty L
Elk City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I had vehicle trouble, and made it here well after dark. I was not optimistic about the appearance, but could only make it that far. You have to call someone to come and let you register and pay. I was really not liking the way it appeared. I got a room and went in, boy was I surprised. A very clean room. They have worked to make a old motel nice, and have succeeded. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Coonbird
Hillsboro, WI
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We were pleasantly surprised to open the door to such a nice room with homey décor. Beds were comfortable (wish I could take the pillow with me). We stayed for a week and each day when we returned the beds were made and the room smelled great! Nice to have a fridge, micro and coffeemaker. Shower was perfect. Located within walking distance from cafes and c-store. All in all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after being stranded by severe weather. The place was amazing and made us feel very welcome. The entire facility is smoke free which is great. Beds are comfy and ac works great. Right across the street there is a convenience store which carries almost anything you could want including hot food.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed 17 November 2012

The room was Spotless and new, yet with a touch of home handmade quilt and an easy chair. It is located right next to the highway which is convinient and yet it is still quiet. The room is outfitted with a flat screen tv, wifi, microwave, fridge, coffee maker organic soap and a nice shower and bathroom. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed November 2012
Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Jetmore, Kansas is a long way from any major city, especially if you’ve already been driving all day. That’s why we were relieved when we discovered that the Pawnee Valley Lodge was such a nice motel. (You just never know, when it’s the only pet-friendly accommodation available for miles.) The rooms are large with decorative quilts on the beds and handsome, hardwood furniture. There’s no micro/fridge, but I used the microwave in the lobby. I believe the couple that owns the lodge has had it for 2 or 3 years, but the rooms look like they were just renovated – very clean and comfortable and right on the small state highway, though it wasn’t noisy at night.

My only issue is that there was supposed to be a continental breakfast included, but by the time we left at 7:40 am (when almost everyone else had left, as well), the office still wasn’t open. Since there was no coffee maker in the room, we had to drive several miles before we could find a fast food place to get a cup of coffee.

Other than that, the owners were very nice, and the place was clean, comfortable, and convenient for a reasonable rate. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank amlbones

Been to Pawnee Valley Lodge? Share your experiences!