All reviews lots of hot water hotel room continental breakfast bed was comfortable kansas state university clean rooms military discount stayed one night front desk yogurt great place to stay renovation hairdryer tv bedding rates manhattan
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Avoid this hotel! It smelled musty, the carpet was sticky, and there were hairs in the sink and bathtub. The carpet was so disgusting that I wouldn't even let my dogs sleep on it, I made them lie on the bed on top of the comforter. The A/C was not functioning properly & when I went to adjust it at one point, the entire front cover fell off of it. Then, the ball you twist to turn the sink on & off literally fell off in my hand. I thought the somewhat-grassy area out back was good for taking my dogs out, but it was barely lit, and the next morning when we went back out I could see that there was broken glass EVERYWHERE in the grass & I'm lucky my dogs didn't step on it. It was awful. If we hadn't arrived after midnight & previously made the reservation, we would have definitely gone elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Bad Experience.......Can't remember what website I found this hotel on, but the price was cheap, so I grabbed it before checking it out. The hotel was not very clean, fairly noisy, old, and the rooms stunk. When we checked in, the Middle Eastern couple that manage or run it had some trouble understanding us maybe? I asked them to make sure we had non smoking rooms and they gave us smoking rooms. The smoke overpowered us when we walked into the rooms, so we went back to the front desk and the lady was there by herself. We told her we wanted non-smoking rooms and she said the rooms she gave us were non-smoking. They weren't, because all of the nonsmoking rooms had a sign on them that said "Non-Smoking." She finally moved us to the other side of the bldg where it said clearly "Non-Smoking." The rooms didn't smell like smoke, but didn't smell very good. I had to light a candle to get rid of the smell. She was very "put out" that she had to change our rooms. Later we went back down to ask for more towels, and the man was there by himself. He was very accomodating. I am glad I didn't plan on swimming because the outdoor pool that was advertised hadn't been open in a very long time. There was about 2 feet of black-green murky water in it. I would never stay there again and I wish I would have done more searching because there were plenty of other hotels in this town.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family