“great stay as always....”

Courtyard Junction City
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Junction City
temecula
“great stay as always....”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed her for 6 nights while visiting my son who is at Fort Riley. The hotel is nice and clean.
The rooms feel comfortable and new. You have a fridge in the room and coffee. I always feel very safe here. The staff is always nice and helpful. It's a great place to stay in Junction City.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Junction City, Kansas
Reviewed 25 November 2011

It was an awful experience. I changed hotels the customer service was completely awful. I had traveled for 15 and half hours with my small dog. I was not there 14 hours and the staff was calling saying my dog was barking. There was no other customers around me. The hotel was empty. I now know why. I tried to get the desk clerk to fax something for me. He made me wait around. He said it did not go through. I really do not think he even tried. The General Manager, Mike Hettinger, is a complete idiot. The Manager and I use the term lightly said the housekeeping staff would not come in the room with the dog in the room. He did not ask if we can get you anything. I called the front desk for fresh towels; their response was housekeeping is not here; I will write a note. I had to call a couple of times to get towels. It is suppose to be a pet friendly hotel it definitely is not. I will be here for 6 months; I am so glad I changed hotels. Great customer service is so important. The coffee in the room was digusting. The garbage cans going into the hotel was overflowing and not emptied for days.

Room Tip: Do not waste your time!!! The staff is horrible.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank auntelena
mikehettinger, Manager at Courtyard Junction City, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
per company policies and procedures, this guest signed a "pet agreement" upon entering hotel which stated our housekeeping dept would not access room with pet free and unpenned. GM had to call guest Florida office and report this to the manager there, that manager (Mary) agreed and said she would talk to the guest. The guest continually verbally ridiculed our staff. We had to bring in our Pest Control company to 'treat" the room after GM asked guest to make other arrangements. In regards to cleanliness, this hotel has accepted many awards for cleanliness...the garbage that is referred to, was a garbage can knocked over by 25 mile winds outside our NW entrance which was cleaned up when notified. GM contacted Marriott Customer Care re: this guest for future reference.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed with extended family at this hotel. The common areas were great for gathering before going out. The pool was nice, the rooms were large and clean.
The breakfast was outstanding. I believe the one woman down there is named Mizzie. She was wonderful. She made it feel like we were staying at a B&B rather than a chain hotel. Overall we were extremely satisfied, and would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank DDK23
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I stayed here with my girlfriend and our two kids in a 2 Queen room while driving from Missouri to Colorado. We were exhausted and looking forward to a good night's sleep and that's exactly what we got.

The front desk staff was nice and helpful. The hotel and our room were clean and comfortable. The beds were very comfortable and the shower was very nice. We did not have time to use the pool. The breakfast was outstanding as were the breakfast staff.

The only problem was that the AC was having hard time regulating itself, but it may have been from the crazy heat that has been hitting the area. It did stay on and the room was actually too cold, but better than being too hot! We all slept very well.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Danielle W
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We arrived a bit late to the hotel. The girl at the desk was very rude to us, but at that time did not matter. We were tired and just wanted to sleep. But when we entered the room, there were cockroaches in the bathroom. When we went to tell the girl, she just offered to send someone. We had to ask her to change our room. She agreed and sent us to the other side of the hotel. Apparently, this room was clean, but at midnight, also appeared cockroaches. Then, we realised it was not bad luck.

Room Tip: Avoid a room in the lobby floor
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Efeso_1977
Roeland Park, KS, a KC suburb
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Nice newer hotel, well maintained and very clean and up to date. Small refrigerator and microwave in the room are a plus. Reasonable rates for what you get.

Room Tip: Rates on Kayak were best- and still refundable!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Topeka, KS
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Junction City is not known for it's tourism appeal. It's a military town and is just now starting to grow. This hotel is pretty good for the area. It's fairly new so it's not outdated, but I could already start to see signs of wear. My sleeping room had a huge water stain on the ceiling, and I was on the top floor. The conference rooms are easy to get to and are spacious. The conference food wasn't anything inspired, but it wasn't bad, either. Just sort of what you'd expect. I had no problems with my stay and everything went smoothly.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business