“Fantastic service!”

Courtyard Junction City
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Junction City
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Very nice clean rooms and decent lighting in the bathroom!! The staff for breakfast is some of the best I've ever encountered. Would definitely stay there again if I'm in the area. Thank you for the great stay during a stressful business trip.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Junction City

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Super clean and very nice Courtyard. Room wall are a little thin but very well appointed and set up for the business travel. In business class this place is tops.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank tpharkman
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The hotel was clean, i had a toilet break on me but it was repaired quickly the worst was at 2a I was bitten by some gigantic bug. All I was told that it happens because the weather was unseasonably warm. The desk clerk gave me some benedryl to help the swelling which turned into a quarter size welt.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 25 March 2012

If you are looking for a relaxing alternative to the college atmosphere in Manhattan, KS, the Courtyard by Marriott Junction City is a very good choice. Located in a large road stop area, there are plenty of food options and mega-mart shopping choices including all the popular fast-food brands as well as regional and local options, all within walking distance. You won't receive a free breakfast as with many hotels, but you will experience an unusually relaxing environment with a well manicured ambiance. The hotel is pet friendly and charges a nominal $75 fee at the time of this writing for your pet's stay. A large, gated park at the rear of the hotel grounds provides plenty of room for kids and pets to play. Amenities include an all-season pool, hot tub, lounge area, business center with free Internet access and printing, and small buffet restaurant serving breakfast with chef prepared eggs made to order seven days a week (breakfast is $7.95, all inclusive, at the time of this writing). Internet access is free in rooms, lounge area, and business center. The staff is friendly and attentive, always remembering what room you are in without having to ask.

If you are traveling for official government business, book your stay early to ensure the government travel rate is available. Most hotel brands, including Marriott, limit the number of rooms available below the standard rate.

Room Tip: Rooms at the far corners provide access to convenient parking.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed her for 6 nights while visiting my son who is at Fort Riley. The hotel is nice and clean.
The rooms feel comfortable and new. You have a fridge in the room and coffee. I always feel very safe here. The staff is always nice and helpful. It's a great place to stay in Junction City.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2011

It was an awful experience. I changed hotels the customer service was completely awful. I had traveled for 15 and half hours with my small dog. I was not there 14 hours and the staff was calling saying my dog was barking. There was no other customers around me. The hotel was empty. I now know why. I tried to get the desk clerk to fax something for me. He made me wait around. He said it did not go through. I really do not think he even tried. The General Manager, Mike Hettinger, is a complete idiot. The Manager and I use the term lightly said the housekeeping staff would not come in the room with the dog in the room. He did not ask if we can get you anything. I called the front desk for fresh towels; their response was housekeeping is not here; I will write a note. I had to call a couple of times to get towels. It is suppose to be a pet friendly hotel it definitely is not. I will be here for 6 months; I am so glad I changed hotels. Great customer service is so important. The coffee in the room was digusting. The garbage cans going into the hotel was overflowing and not emptied for days.

Room Tip: Do not waste your time!!! The staff is horrible.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank auntelena
mikehettinger, Manager at Courtyard Junction City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

per company policies and procedures, this guest signed a "pet agreement" upon entering hotel which stated our housekeeping dept would not access room with pet free and unpenned. GM had to call guest Florida office and report this to the manager there, that manager (Mary) agreed and said she would talk to the guest. The guest continually verbally ridiculed our staff. We had to bring in our Pest Control company to 'treat" the room after GM asked guest to make other arrangements. In regards to cleanliness, this hotel has accepted many awards for cleanliness...the garbage that is referred to, was a garbage can knocked over by 25 mile winds outside our NW entrance which was cleaned up when notified. GM contacted Marriott Customer Care re: this guest for future reference.

Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed with extended family at this hotel. The common areas were great for gathering before going out. The pool was nice, the rooms were large and clean.
The breakfast was outstanding. I believe the one woman down there is named Mizzie. She was wonderful. She made it feel like we were staying at a B&B rather than a chain hotel. Overall we were extremely satisfied, and would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family