“Courtyard was the BEST!”

Courtyard Junction City
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Junction City
Reviewed 5 July 2013

After a day of traveling, this was a great place to stay. There is a walking path around the lake in the back of the property to move your legs. Also, the rooms were nice and clean, huge luxurious bathroom, and friendly people. It was new and near Starbucks and some other restaurants yet nestled in a small town with new building cropping up. I felt safe and enjoyed my stay and I am sure you will too. Lots of business people around so that helps with the noise of small children or families.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 June 2013

There was some glob on the coffee table that bad dried and had been there for a while. The coffee pot was dirty. The toilet also when flushed stuck and ran continuously. There was also no lotion in the bathroom. I would expect a Mariott hotel to provide this to guests. While this could be overlooked, the dirty coffee pot and dried goo on the coffee pot could not. There was renovation going on in the hotel, but that is no excuse for a dirty room.

• Stayed: June 2013
Shaunda A, Manager at Courtyard Junction City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay I apologize that your stay was not up to your standards or ours. I have investigated the situation and have done coaching to remedy the situation, the renovation has caused some issues and we are sorry for this. If you are in the area in the future and need lodging please consider our hotel again and try our newly renovated rooms that will be complete at the end of July.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I was here on business and stayed at this Courtyard. The hotel is right off of the interstate with easy access to the highway and close to several places to eat. The hotel was clean, quiet, and comfortable and the service was good. Exactly what you expect from this chain. Enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments and thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

I was disappointed with this 4-night stay and likely will move to a different hotel for the next visit in town. At checking I was required to sign not one, but TWO liability releases "because they are a franchise" - I've never signed these before. My room was on the top floor and at the end as I requested but had a musty smell, a bag of chips was under the bedskirt, and there was clear evidence that the last cleaning wasn't very thorough. My TV didn't pull out enough to view from the edge of the bed so I had to scoot to the center which meant I couldn't reach the end table. Speaking of which, these were the smallest end tables I've ever seen, like barely a foot across and didn't hold much. The coffee/bar area is normally very classy looking but this one had been lowered and so the fridge didn't fit well, it was much smaller than the opening and just sort of stuck in there with a lot of extra space. Even with the open space, however, there wasn't enough room for the microwave so it was on the countertop where the coffeepot usually sits and they'd put the coffeepot with tray sitting on the microwave - very awkward to work with and NO counter space available to use. My mattress was HORRIBLE and moved during the night so it was almost falling off the box springs and the sheets were short! Literally they didn't cover the mattress unless I completely untucked them.

There wasn't a "do not disturb" sign so I called the front desk and was assured that when I went down for my workout, one would be waiting for me. It wasn't. Had to ask again and pick it up later.

The breakfast that was so awesome in May seemed to have gone WAY downhill. I don't remember the eggs being powered and re-hydrated but maybe I'd forgotten? The fresh fruit was some very bitter orange that almost tasted like grapefruit, cantaloupe, and pineapple. Where are the in-season berries? If I'm paying for a buffet breakfast, then I expect a higher quality than free breakfasts and a much wider selection. I didn't mind paying for it on previous visits because it really WAS a better quality of food but not this time.

I don't remember the train bothering me before but I literally got no sleep no sleep on this visit because it runs all night long right outside the window. And to top it off, for the first time in years, I didn't have a statement placed under my door on my checkout day so after loading the car I had to go to the front desk, wait for someone to see me, and request it.

What happened to this hotel?

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Shaunda A, Manager at Courtyard Junction City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Thank you for you recent comments regarding our hotel we use all comments to try and make our hotel better each day. I am sorry that your stay was not up to your standards or ours. We are planning a renovation this year of all of our sleeping rooms and hope to make a lot of positive changes to our rooms and our public spaces. We hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

We stayed over New Years Eve because we were awaiting my brother's return from Afghanistan. The facilities are immaculate. The desk staff is amazing. Everything looks new. Jasmine who was working at night when we stayed, helped us have our own little family party in the lobby for NYE since we were stuck there waiting. We had music, and she cleared a space in the "Market" refrigerator for our beverages. Whenever our kids walked by she made sure to give them a sticker, or a Sponge Bob room key. Everyone who worked the desk was great.

Unfortunately, the housekeeping staff were less than desirable. They wouldn't make our beds because we had our kids' stuffed animals on them. They didn't take our dirty breakfast bowls, even though we stacked them on top of the microwave (obviously dirty). This happened both nights we stayed. We overheard some other people complaining while we were there about the same issues, so hopefully this is something they are working on.

Over all, we will definitely stay again when visiting.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebecca B
Shaunda A, Manager at Courtyard Junction City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Thank you for the Comments we will certainly look into the housekeeping issues.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

I love the location of the hotel when I travel home. It is the midway point of my drive and right off the interstate. I love the rooms here and the big breakfast they offer. I come here every time I am in the area. Staff is very friendly too.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank armychick1992

Reviewed 26 September 2012

Everything was spotlessly clean and fresh smelling. The room was large and very comfortable. The best of everything in a buisness like setting. Just a real nice place to stay with a friendly staff and an expensive breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kenny c
Shaunda A, Manager at Courtyard Junction City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thank you.