“Delicious”

Messenger Coffee Co. + Ibis Bakery
Ranked #1 of 5 Bakeries in Kansas City
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Both the coffee and the baked goods here are delicious. High quality coffee a great atmosphere. The building is huge, with three levels and an outdoor rooftop. The baked goods are fantastic. I would highly recommend the red wine brownie. Also, there is a pretty mural behind the building that you can take cute pictures with.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

I love Ibis. Was happy to see they opened downtown so I would not need to drive to Lenexa. When Messenger first opened, I tried three times and was always disappointed. I wrote a review here that was not very favorable. The owners called me and really listened to my comments. I have been going to Lenexa and the other day decided to try downtown again. Everyone was friendly, efficient and helpful. As always, the bread is the best! The place was packed and the line moved quickly.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Good coffee and the bread is the best I have ever had, who knew toast could be so good??!! Yogurt parfait was also good. A bit pricey but good. I would consider it vacation food because of the price.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Loved loved loved the Messenger on 16th and Grand. ❤❤❤
Stylish, open & light concept and industrial, 3 floors, rooftop with city views- spacious, cozy seating for bigger groups and meetings, studying and work, free wifi. Watch hand roasted coffee on the 2nd floor, awesome latte art, cool herbal tea sets, delish pastries, great friendly service... Very New York. Sad that closes at 6pm, rooftop would’ve been lovely at night with the city lights by that fireplace, and the parking may be slightly tricky in the downtown. Certainly not the cheapest, but you are paying for the atmosphere and the yummy goodness. Totally worth it!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I'm so in love with this place. I love watching the Roastmaster Kiersten work her magic on the second floor & I love drinking my perfectly wrought bean brew while reading & toasting my toes on the roof by the fire. The architecture is stunning, the crowd eclectic and the bread baking on the first floor makes me wish I could live here.