“Horrible experience”

Best Western Premier KC Speedway Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Staff complained about their pay. Our room did not get cleaned on our second day of stay. The view and suite was not what we expected. The lounge/bar was never opened as described. The pool was under renovation. And the breakfast was mediocre at best. All around this was one of the worst hotel experiences that I have experienced.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Daniel G
BWGMKansasCity_KS, General Manager at Best Western Premier KC Speedway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 913-334-4440.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. The hotel facilities are a cut above all other chain hotels I've stayed in. They even have reverse osmosis water in the rooms! Excellent restaurants and shopping are within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2014

One year later and still haven't addressed some simple things. - Treadmill still broken like last year. - Still not able to provide clean towels on the weekends for pool and fitness area. - Some doors still don't lock when they swing shut. You have to tug on them. Its a great location, perfect for KC Sporting, Speedway or baseball. I love walking across the street and not having to park.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed for 1 night to shop the local area. GM took call for reservation (did day of arrival) and checked us in. Very helpful with knowledge of the surrounding area. Day supervisor checked us out and very friendly. Lobby very stylish and clean. Bed was perfect for a good night sleep. Nice room amenities too!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Nice front desk staff. Very helpful.
The rooms are a bit strange. Very nice TV with lots of added features that I don't think work. The rooms are dark. All lights are fluorescent. Not just fluorescent but really cheap fluorescent. No bed side lamps just two overhead fluorescent. So if you read at night be prepared for your bed mate to complain or bring a book light.

The Hotel is very noisy. It is geared towards families so above me I had kids bouncing around early every morning.

The night I arrived the lobby was full of gusts sitting around drinking beer. Not my thing so it was a bit of a turn off. The next night a couple sitting in the lobby drinking beer with nice beer cozies for bottles. Never knew they made such things.

The breakfast is great much better than most hotel breakfasts.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Very nice hotel, love the filtered water available for drinking. Would definitely stay here again. The location is perfect for our purposes. Beds were comfortable, staff were very friendly and helpful. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed here for business and had a great experience. The staff were friendly, and the breakfast was good. My room was comfortable and clean. I am an Area Manager, and I have a store in this vicinity, and I will be staying here for any of my visits to Kansas City.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business