“Comfortable, Quiet Rooms & Courteous Staff”

Holiday Inn Express at KU Medical Center
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Kansas City
Micanopy, Florida
“Comfortable, Quiet Rooms & Courteous Staff”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last year, once in August for a Bachelorette party and again in September for the wedding. Both times, I had a good experience! For the Bachelorette Party, we were in walking distance of The Jazz, where we ate dinner, and an amazing dive bar, DB Coopers!! Check that place out!!! It was phenomenal and the owner (DB Cooper's wife :) ) took great care of us girls. Back to the hotel..... The rooms are inviting, well appointed, and quiet! Breakfast was good, front desk staff was courteous. The only downside was that with the construction there was not enough parking. The second stay, we actually got a call at 2 in the morning that Taco Bell was threatening to tow our car, but there was nowhere else to park! The night auditor was incredibly apologetic about the ordeal, which wasn't his fault of course, so I appreciated that. But, it would have been nice if arrangements had been made with Taco Bell to allow guests to use their lot if Holiday Inn's was full. Who knows, maybe you all asked and they are unwilling to help! But, that is the only negative!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express by Ku Medical Center while my daughter was in the hospital for a procedure. This is one of the nicest hotels that I have ever stayed at. The entire staff was very friendly and accomodating. They even gave me a good deal for visiting the hospital. I will be back in a few weeks and hope I have the same experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mitch B
Saint Peters, Missouri
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here several times and never have had a bad experience! The rooms are clean and welcoming. Beds are comfortable and soft covers! The bathrooms are pretty neat, too! The modern look really makes this an excellent place to stay. They even have a five guys burgers in the building!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
NSWAU
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I booked in here for two nights to be close to a relative at KU Med. This is a beautiful new facility - the room was amazing and spacious and the bed and pillows really comfortable. Very quiet too. My only complaint was the weird shower. Very high on the wall - so high I couldn't reach it to fiddle with the water flow, and I am tall - and the water sort dribbled out. Kind of like trying to shower under a garden hose.

Breakfast was good, I kick myself that I didn't test the pancake replicator gizmo the first morning because it was out of order the second.

Employees were friendly and helpful right across the board.

One thing - KC water is really funky. Bring bottled water or buy it in the lobby to drink and make morning coffee in your room. Trust me on this one.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank TheRealMrsBennett
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this property for three nights while in town for the Chiefs/Broncos game. Decent location near with a Five Guys and 7-Eleven on the main floor of the property. Just a couple miles away from I-35 and from Oklahoma Joe's (best BBQ you will ever have.... Try it).

However, that is where most of the positives stop. For a newer property, I was quite disappointed in my experience. Breakfast fair was very average with very little in terms of fruit. In the room itself, very thin walls where you could hear the person next door very clearly. Doors to the rooms as well were thin, and could hear conversations outside of our room as if the people were in it. Decor was basic, but well kept. Plumbing was noisy, and noticed water coming out of the light fixture in the bathtub from the unit above. Elevators were also slow.

Price was right for the time spent there, but I will more than likely stay closer to downtown next time. I've had pretty average to mediocre experiences with several Holiday Inn properties over the past few years, and I'm thinking I will stick to other brands from now on.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Michael B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express at KU Medical Center, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear ktown_traveller04,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We strive to make sure every guest that stays with us has a great experience and we take it very serious when we fall short of meeting those expectations. The Holiday Inn brand values your business immensely and we hope that you give one of our hotels another chance to show you that we provide the best value for your dollar.
Arkansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel a couple of nights a few observations and thoughts on our stay 1. Security was overly aggressive they walk around harassing people and questioning everyone in the hotel even if they see you check in. Why I have no idea. 2. Front desk clerks are decent with not a lot of hospitality, no smiles, no greetings and one had a terrible attitude with one of my family members when he asked for a band-aid. 3. The only bright spot about our stay was the breakfast receptionist, she was very sociable and hospitable. She made sure the entire dining room was satisfied and accommodated many request time after time Other than that out time there was a complete disaster. Also out room was next too the septic room so every few minutes we could here upstairs flushes coming down the pipes all night long. Terrible thing to listen to for your entire trip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank B M
Michael B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express at KU Medical Center, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear B M,

I would like the opportunity to discuss your stay with us, as this is the first I am hearing of any issues that weekend. I can be reached directly at 913-236-8700. I look forward to hearing from you.

Mike Booth
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My family stayed at this location during our Thanksgiving travel. We used Rewards Club points and it was a great deal (I was a little apprehensive at what we would find for 10,000 points)! The hotel is new, is conveniently located to the highway, is close to restaurants (there is a Subway and Five Guys Burgers in the same building and others less than 1 mile away), and of course right across the street from the KU Medical University. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly, especially the breakfast staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Fairfield Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hill
Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City
Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City
#7 of 21 in Kansas City

Been to Holiday Inn Express at KU Medical Center? Share your experiences!